18 and older
Taste it all in this drawing and painting class for beginners. Artistic expression in the form of painting and drawing expression is exciting, energizing and incredibly freeing.
Discover your authentic inner-artist and your creative passion in this popular weekend beginner’s art class as you:
- Explore your creativity through painting, drawing and the two combined
- Experiment with a variety of art materials, including acrylic paint, charcoal drawing, paint textures, and more
- Discover art techniques including color mixing, composition, paint application, personal self-expression, line, form, shading and more
- Get inspired from subject matter such as still life, landscape, abstraction, realism, and your personal creativity
- Relax in this weekly creative escape while receiving encouraging, one-on-one art instruction by a professional artist
All levels welcome, perfect for beginners or those who have dabbled with painting and drawing classes.Q&AQ: Can I make up a class if I miss one?
Unfortunately, we do not offer any makeups for classes missed. However, if you want to get the most from the course and the absence, you can tell the instructor when you will be absent ahead of time and the instructor can provide some guidance on exercises to practice while away.Q: Is the room air conditioned? A:
Yes, rooms are air conditioned when appropriate.Q: Can I bring a friend to accompany me and watch?A:
No, unfortunately the class has limited space and all seats must be paid for.Q: What is the dress code for this class? A:
There is no dress code for this class, but keep in mind this is an art studio with wet paintings on the wall, so do not wear anything super nice or something that you don't want to risk getting ruined.Q: Are materials provided and included in cost of the class? A:
No. For your first class, please bring these drawing supplies:
- 12” x 18” drawing pad
- Soft vine charcoal (3 sticks)
- Kneaded gum eraser (looks like a gray gum-like small square)
- Drawing Pencils 4H, 2H, HB, 2B, 4B
- White rubber eraser
- Blending stump
- One pack of 12 or more soft color pastels
Or purchase a No-Fuss Art Kit at the gift shop for $30.
If you want to paint right away, bring the following painting materials:
- Acrylic Paints: You may buy a prepackaged paint set or individual colors. Please buy these specific colors or a close variation to the color listed: Titanium White, Cadmium Red, Cadmium Yellow, Orange, Ultramarine Blue or Cobalt Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Mars Black, Burnt Sienna, Pthalo or Viridian Green
- Palette Paper
- Acrylic Retarder Medium (any size)
- Palette Knife-for mixing paint (triangle shaped tip)
- 4-5 Acrylic Paint Brushes- Pre-set packages of various thicknesses, or hand select a variety of thickness from skinny/fine to 1” thick. Purchase sizes and brands of your choice.
- 1 Stretched Canvas: 11" x 14”, 16" x 20" or larger
- Optional: Purchase a TASNY smock or bring your own
- Optional: Liquitex Acrylic Gloss Medium & Varnish (any size)
Or purchase a No-Fuss Art Kit at the gift shop for $75. Q: Do you sell class materials on site?
Yes, canvases can be purchased at the following prices: 11 x 14 for $8 and 16 x 20 for $10.