Develop an established presence on one or more social networks, expanded exposure on your existing networks, and a solid understanding of how to best use social media.
Social media has become an integral part of our daily lives. If you've looked up an old roommate on Facebook or watched videos on YouTube, you've used social media. But these kinds of web-based platforms can do lots more than help manage your personal life (or increase your procrastination opportunities). Social media is a powerful tool for advancing your career.
In this class, you'll learn how to use social media tools to expand and improve your professional life. Topics include social media and web 2.0, blogs, wikis, podcasts, RSS feeds, viral video, social bookmarking, social media news releases, and other emerging web technologies.
In this class, you will learn:
- Why social media platforms including Twitter, Tweetdeck, LinkedIn, Facebook, Flickr, and YouTube are indispensable for media professionals
- How new media and social media technologies are being incorporated into traditional media and other industries
- How to use each network for professional and personal networking
- Where to look to stay on top of the latest tech trends (and what you can skip)
- How to upload content and engage in online conversations using the web and mobile handheld devices
- How to expand your network by updating and sharing useful content