Discover the Best Python Classes in NYC
Python is one of the most popular programming languages in the world, with an estimated average of 16 million users. The number promises to skyrocket as more programmers, development pros, and data science pros use this general-purpose language.
Primary reasons for using Python include its easy syntax and massive worldwide support community. Many online sources cite Python as one of the easiest programming languages for those without coding experience to learn.
Among the most common roles for those with Python training are:
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Full Stack Developer
- Software Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Web Developer
- Back End Developer
- Full Stack Developer
- Data Engineer
But Python's popularity extends far beyond Data Scientists and Full Stack Developers. A growing number of office workers learn some Python fundamentals to automate email campaigns, APIs, and other repetitive tasks.
If you need Python skills for a tech position, you'll want to get in-depth training. If you're adding programming languages to your current skill set, consider Python a top option.
Best Python Classes & Schools in NYC
Python classes in New York City range from short seminars to full-length certificates. These include both live online and in-person programs. Multiple course providers offer programs you can take in person in New York or online from anywhere.
- Flatiron School - The Flatiron School offers multiple programs for tech pros in New York City, including a Data Science class that includes Python, machine learning, and more in 15 weeks. Check listings for availability
- Noble Desktop - Noble Desktop's many bootcamps and certificate programs include topics like data science, Python development, and machine learning. Their New York City headquarters hosts their Data Science Certificate program, Python for Data Science & Machine Learning Bootcamp, and Python Programming Bootcamp, among others
- NYC Data Science Academy - New York City’s Data Science Academy offers multiple courses for Python beginners. Their Introductory Python program is a 10-session class for computer-literate participants with no coding background
- Practical Programming - Practical Programming offers two online courses for Python beginners: Python Data Visualization & Interactive Dashboards, and an in-depth Python Immersive. Both are available online from anywhere with a live instructor
Some Python programs, like the Data Science Certificate from Noble Desktop and the Python Immersive from Practical Programming, include Python-adjacent skills like SQL, GitHub, and machine learning. These can be invaluable, especially if you plan to get an entry-level role after graduating.
NYC Industries That Use Python
With applications among sectors of every type, Python in New York City is an invaluable skill. Top industries in NYC using Python include software development, healthcare, ecommerce, advertising, and hospitality.
Among the top software development companies in New York City are Tazaa, Cubix, and AllianceTek. Healthcare companies include WeightWatchers, Ro, and Nomad Health. Ecommerce stars include Postscript, Spot & Tango, and Rent the Runway.
Check job boards in New York for companies who need Python professionals, and you'll find household-name companies like Pfizer and Sirius XM. Big finance is always a draw in NYC, including American Express, JPMorgan Chase, and Bank of America, to name a few.
Because Python cuts across nearly every industry and sector, remember that your Python skills can be essential in many roles. Cybersecurity, business intelligence, software testing, app development, and computer-aided design (CAD) are a few top industries for Python professionals. Also, many startups need Python pros for web development, data analysis, or both.
Python Jobs & Salaries in NYC
Education, health services, and business services are among the biggest employers in New York City, and Python pros can find plenty of opportunities in these sectors. Many Python roles can fit within virtually any industry, so consider some of the best options when reviewing jobs and salary information.
Here are some of the most common Python roles and average salary figures for NYC:
- Data Analyst - A Data Analyst can expect to earn an average annual salary of around $84,000 in New York City, 12% higher than the national average. Top companies here for data analysis may include Intuit, Ion Computer Systems, and Meta
- Data Scientist - Data Scientists in NYC make an average annual salary of around $131,000, comparable to national averages. Among the best companies for Data Scientists here are AirBNB, DW Simpson, and Selby Jennings
- Python Developer - New York’s Python Developers typically earn an average annual salary of $133,000, about 16% above the national average. Top companies for Python Developers here include Bank of America, Selby Jennings, and NCS
- Software Engineer - Software engineering positions are in demand in New York City, and their average annual salary here is around $143,000—an impressive 25% higher than the national average for comparable positions. Top companies for Software Engineers here include Citi, StubHub, and Two Sigma
- Machine Learning Engineer - Among the most desirable Python-related positions is that of Machine Learning Engineer. In New York City, ML Engineers can expect to earn an average annual salary of $188K, 22% above national averages. Consider household-name companies like eBay and Capital One for the best roles
Consider two paths for Python training: the roles requiring advanced Python skills and those requiring only beginner Python programming. If you plan to train for a tech position like Full Stack Developer, you may need intermediate or advanced Python skills as part of a broader development curriculum.