18 and older
Interested in woodworking as a hobby but can't commit to our Introduction to Furniture Making workshop? Then we definitely recommend our Milling Lumber: Cutting Board workshop! With the exception of wood joinery, many of the same concepts and skills are learned in the Cutting Board workshop as in Introduction to Furniture Making, including but not limited to:
- Properties of wood
- How & where to buy lumber
- Milling rough lumber square
- Glue-up techniques for table tops & more
- Safe practices on major woodworking equipment including: miter saw, table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw, drill press, sanders, and more.
With the guidance of an instructor over 3 sessions (2 hours per session), each student will leave with an awesome hand-made cutting board.Note
- No previous woodworking experience necessary!
- Successful completion of this workshop permits access to open studio for personal use. This workshop may require time outside of the normally scheduled 6 hours, at no extra cost, to complete the project.
- Upon enrollment, students agree to attend all dates listed for the workshop. If a student misses a class, the student must schedule a makeup session with the instructor prior to the next class subject to current private teaching rates.