If you need to withdraw from a class, your options are:All Classes (except One-Day Master Classes)
For a refund or credit, contact us two business days or more before your class starts. You can either choose to hold a full credit with us good for one year on another classes OR you can opt for a refund less a $25 administrative fee and your $25 registration fee ($50 total).
If you need to withdraw after your class has started (or one business day before it starts), you won’t receive a refund, but you are welcome to a credit less the price of Week 1 and your $25 registration fee, but we need to hear from you two business days or more before Week 2 meets for that to happen. After that point, no credits are available.One-day Master Classes
For a refund or credit, contact us two business days or more before your class starts. You can either choose to hold a full credit with us good for one year on another class OR you can opt for a refund less a $25 administrative fee and your $25 registration fee ($50 total).
If you withdraw two hours or more before it begins, you are welcome to a full credit toward another class of the same price. (You can only reschedule once.) Please call rather than email; leave a voicemail if there is no answer. No refunds are available. If you simply don’t show up and don’t notify us in advance, you forfeit your money.Classes purchased through CourseHorse
If you purchased through CourseHorse, then our Refund/Cancellation policy applies to your purchase, but CourseHorse will issue the refund. Please contact CourseHourse to request your refund.
If we cancel a class that you purchased through CourseHorse, you will receive a full refund or credit. If you prefer a refund, we will notify CourseHorse that you are due a refund, but you can also contact CourseHourse with any questions.Please note:
- Credits are valid for one year and cannot be changed into refunds down the road.
- Simply not attending class or notifying the instructor does not mean you have officially withdrawn.
- Some exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis for medical emergencies with a doctor’s note.
- Refunds take up to six weeks to process.
- Please understand, we cannot issue a refund after classes have started, even if you miss your first class.
- Similarly, we cannot offer you a credit one day before your second class or after that.
- We understand that other obligations get in the way of attending class, but these policies allow us to get other interested writers into class early enough to have a good experience, and this allows us to offer our classes at a reasonable price.
- Students are allowed to join a class in the second week.
- Only those who pay the tuition in full can be guaranteed a place in class.
- Class dates and times may be subject to change.
- A substitute may be assigned or make-up classes added to the end of the term.
- Auditing and the recording of classes are not allowed.
- For all classes, students receive a record of payment and registration.
- The Creative Writing Workshop reserves the right to remove any student at our discretion.
- The Creative Writing Workshop does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, socioeconomic status, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
- Our courses are not intended to provide instruction that will result in the student's acquisition of occupational skills.
Contact Info: E-mail: [email protected]
; Phone: 212-729-4088