18 and older
Learn the power and skills to create a healthy, fragrant, natural candle you can feel really good about burning in your home.
The class is 2 1/2 hours and organized into 2 parts, theory and practice.Part I includes the following topics:
- Why making natural candles are better for your health and the environment.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- A unique recipe to make scented natural candles.
- The testing guidelines, advice & legal requirements to sell your own candles.
Part II of the class will be the actual practice of making candles, the most fun part!We will work together to create 2 types of candles:
You will leave the class with:
- Lotion candle
- when burned, the melted wax can actually be used as a moisturizing agent on your skin, making it ideal for that relaxing spa-like atmosphere you’re going for in your home.
- Standard natural scented candle
- Utilizing 100% soy or coconut wax with pure oil fragrance, we will make candles you can be proud to burn in any room of the house.
- An extensive knowledge about candles and the natural ingredients required to make them yourself
- 2 x natural scented candles (standard natural scented and body lotion) that you created yourself
Friday class includes complimentary wine & cheese, Sunday class includes complimentary coffee & brunch bites.