All Classes (except One-days and Write-Ins)
For a refund or credit, contact us two business days or more before your class starts. You can either choose to hold a full credit with us good for one year on other Gotham classes OR you can opt for a refund less a $25 administrative fee and your $25 registration fee ($50 total).
If you need to withdraw after your class has started (or one business day before it starts), you won’t receive a refund, but you’re welcome to a Gotham credit less the price of Week 1 and your $25 registration fee, but we need to hear from you two business days or more before Week 2 meets for that to happen. After that point, no credits are available.One-day Intensives
You may reschedule a One-day Intensive one time, if you notify us before the class begins.
If you notify us two business days or more before your class begins, rescheduling is free. If you notify us less than two business days before your class begins, there is a $25 rescheduling fee. If you don’t notify us until after your class begins, we cannot reschedule you.
You may get a refund (minus a $50 fee) if you notify us two business days or more before your class begins.Write-Ins
If you withdraw two hours or more before it begins, you’re welcome to a full credit good for one year toward another Write-In. No refunds are available. If you simply don’t show up and don’t notify us in advance, you forfeit your money.A few more things
Credits are valid for one year and cannot be changed into refunds down the road.Simply not attending class or notifying the instructor does not mean you've officially withdrawn.Some exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis for medical emergencies with a doctor's note.Refunds take up to six weeks to process.
Please understand, we can't issue a refund after classes have started, even if you miss your first class. Similarly, we can't offer you a credit one day before your second class or after that. We understand that other obligations get in the way of attending class, but these policies allow us to get other interested writers into class early enough to have a good experience, and this allows us to offer our classes at a reasonable price. Important Notes:
- Students are allowed to join a class in the second week.
- Only those who pay the tuition in full can be guaranteed a place in class.
- Class dates and times may be subject to change. A substitute may be assigned or make-up classes added to the end of the term.
- Auditing and the recording of classes are not allowed.For all classes, students receive a record of payment and registration.
- Gotham reserves the right to remove any student at our discretion.
- Gotham does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, socioeconomic status, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
- Our courses are not intended to provide instruction that will result in the student's acquisition of occupational skills.