18 and older
This course focuses on a comprehensive approach to the management of a construction site and discusses the NYC DOB Building Codes set forth in Chapter 33. The main objective of this course is to emphasize the importance of safety and protection of the public and workers on and around a jobsite. Our knowledgeable instructors, who are licensed Site Safety Managers, will discuss revisions to the Building Codes, necessary actions to perform to ensure public safety, accident preventions, importance of maintaining logbooks, examines the roles of Site Safety Manager, Coordinator and a Superintendent and much more.Prerequisites
There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course.Training Requirements for 8 Hour Site Safety Coordinator
This course is qualification requirement for candidates seeking to obtain the NYC Department of Buildings Site Safety Coordinator Certificate or to register/renew as a Construction Superintendent.
Experienced Construction workers, supervisors, and other personnel responsible for construction activities with general knowledge of the New York City Building Codes as it relates to worker and public safety.Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify common causes of construction accidents in NYC
- Explain the New York City Department of Buildings qualifications and procedures to obtain a Site Safety Coordinator Certificate
- Differentiate between OSHA (federal) standards (federal) and New York City Department of Buildings (local) Chapter 33 regulations
- Recognize recent changes to the NYC Fire and Building Codes and OSHA standards
- Distinguish between resources containing relevant local laws and those containing federal codes
- Summarize specific safeguards employed by all NYC Department of Buildings licensed site safety processional during construction and demolition in NYC
Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including review quiz and hands-on exercises.
Make-up time is not permitted for this training course. Should students miss any portion of the training, it is the student’s responsibility to contact TSCTA to arrange to attend another scheduled event.