18 and older
The Construction Site Fire Safety Manager Training (CSFSM) course will fulfill the training requirements for Fire Safety Manager under the new regulation of the New York City Fire Department. Where a Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator is required by the Building Code, the owner shall designate a person to be the Fire Safety Manager for the construction site. The Fire Safety Manager shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Fire Code, and the FDNY Rules.
Topics covered in this course include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to the Fire Code and Fire Department Rules, including their organization and terminology.
- Fire Code construction site provisions (FC Chapter 14 and 3 RCNY Chapter 14).
- All construction site fire safety requirements, as set forth in 3 RCNY 1401-01(c).
Students that have met all completion requirements successfully will receive a certificate, valid for one year.Audience
: Any and all who seek to acquire the Fire Department of New York Construction Site Fire Safety Manager certificate that want to be able to perform the duties of the Construction Site Fire Safety Manager.
: Student must be able to communicate with the instructor in the language the course is held in and have 3 years of full time experience in construction.Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students shall be able to:
- Apply for full certification by the Fire Department of New York and acquire the Certificate of Fitness issued by the Fire Department of New York.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a construction site fire safety manager, proper use of fire protection devices, hot work operations, safeguarding roofing operations and first responder communications.
: Pens, instruction booklets, test, videos, Powerpoint presentations, instructor evaluation sheet, attendance sign-in sheets.Course fee includes
: administrative fees, course materials, and certificates. Available for purchase: extra booklets, certificate replacements, and mailing out certificates.
Methods of Instruction:
A combination of lectures, PowerPoint presentations, open discussions, and testing will be used throughout the course.
In order to successfully fulfill the requirements for completion of the Construction Site Fire Safety Manager and to receive a certificate/card for the course, students must:
No exceptions will be made. No partial credit awarded for any course.Customer can bring lunch, we provide coffee and tea in the classrooms.
Valid photo ID required.
- Be able to clearly communicate with the instructor and complete all paperwork in the language the course is delivered in. No personal interpreters permitted.
- Complete all required paperwork: registration, evaluation, attendance, etc.
- Attend all required hours of the course. Any make up sessions must be completed within six months from the start date.
- Participate during class activities and reviews.
- Complete tests with a passing grade of 70%.