18 and older
Computer - minimum requirements
Tablet and Smartphone - minimum requirements
- Processor: Single Core 1Ghz or higher
- Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X: 10.6.8 /(Snow Leopard) or later
- Windows: 7 or above, Vista SP1 or later or XP SP3 or later
- Linux - many varieties
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Apple iOS 7.0 or later:
- iPad Mini, Pad 4, new iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 6s, 6, 5s, 5, 4S, 4 and iPod touch 4th Generation, iPhone 3GS (no front facing camera)
- Android 2.3.x Gingerbread
- Android 3.x Honeycomb
- Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android 4.1/4.2/4.3 Jelly Bean
- Android 4.4 Kit Kat
- Android 5.0.x Lollipop
- Kindle Fire HD
One Spirit offers most of our classes by live online videoconference bridging our classrooms in New York with students from around the world. With your computer or hand-held device and an Internet connection, you can be present with faculty and other students, sharing your thoughts and asking questions in real time. Let yourself be seen by others and feel the power of a global community of engaged learners, collaborating toward a shared vision.
Joining a Videoconference
- We use zoom.us, free videoconference software accessible by internet ready computers and hand-held devices.
- Videoconferences occur live on Eastern Daylight Time. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before class.
- The system is designed to share your computer's microphone and videocamera by default to connect you with other learners.
- While you may turn off your camera and mute your audio, we hope you choose to be present with us on screen: learners in our classroom can't hide behind a screen, so why should you?
- This live event will be recorded for educational purposes, including the names, video, audio and comments of all participants and visitors.
- A headset with a Microphone works best for sharing, but it is not required.
- It is possible to use your telephone for the classroom audio (local and long-distance rates may apply), but a computer connection is required to participate interactively.
Community Events - When you register for a One Spirit Community Event, you will receive an email confirmation that contains instructions plus a link that you must click to join the videoconference.
Workshops, Courses & Programs - When you register for a One Spirit Elective Workshop or Course, you will receive an email invitation to join a private class webpage. That private webpage will contain the instructions and videoconference join link.
When you click the join link or button, just follow the on-screen instructions to download the Zoom App to your Computer OR launch the app if it's already installed. The Videoconference will open automatically on your device!
A Journey to Sacred Song, Story, and Kemetic (Egyptian) Yoga
Reverends Mignon Grayson and Abigail "Ifatola" Jefferson invite you to a fun-filled, transformative, experiential workshop that will take you on a journey to meet the healer within. Through sacred Kemetic (Egyptian) Yoga, meditation, breathwork, soulful singing, and spirited stories, you will learn:
- The power of story to transform lives and build community, and the sacredness of storytelling
- How Kemetic Yoga postures and breathwork can relieve stress and increase energy flow throughout the body
- The cultural context, historical significance, and power of songs from the African Diaspora
Come have your heart lightened and your spirit ignited through song, explore your storyteller within, and experience the power of Kemetic Yoga to regenerate the self and promote healing. No prior singing, yoga, or storytelling experience is necessary to participate. We welcome all levels. Please come with an open heart, a natural curiosity, and a desire to experience a participatory, joy-filled day.