18 and older
This class is in a quick-start format for new users to Creative Cloud. Learn how to use InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Bridge, and how they work together. This class is the fastest way for creative professionals to get up and running Adobe's Creative Cloud applications.Pre-requisites:
Solid computer skills, Mac or PCUnderstanding the Creative Cloud:
Adobe InDesign CC:
- Understand how the subscription-based service for Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign works.
- Which programs should be used for which tasks.
- Strengths and weaknesses for each application, print and web publishing.
- Creative Cloud Libraries: Saving files to the cloud for desktop or mobile access.
Adobe Illustrator CC:
- Uses for InDesign: Print publishing, interactive apps, and export to PDF.
- Overview of toolbox, panels, page navigation and online help.
- Create new documents and save the new document settings.
- Add pages, set up page sizes and work with columns.
- Place graphics into your pages: What is the right format for imported images?
- Work with text frames with single or multiple columns.
Adobe Photoshop CC:
- Understand the difference between Adobe programs, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat etc.
- Use Adobe Bridge to View, Open & Oragnize.
- Understand the Illustrator interface - windows, panels, tools, & customizing the workspace.
- Create new Illustrator documents.
- Use the Selection and Direct Selection.
- Creating shapes: Oval, Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Star and Polygon.
- Add color, swatches and gradients.
- Drawing in Illustrator: Changing colors of existing logos and graphics.
- Importing graphics from Illustrator into InDesign and Photoshop.
- The differences between Photoshop (raster based) & Illustrator (vector based)
- How Photoshop works with the other programs in the Creative Cloud family
- Resolution: What is the correct PPI for a particular project
- Photoshop color modes: Choose the right mode for the right project.
- Export Photoshop files for web and print.
- Cropping images.
- Understanding Layers and how to manipulate them.
- Make selections to isolate parts of images.
- Change colors in an image with Adjustment layers.