21 and older
You're ready for a new job. You know what you want to do next, but you need help getting there. You've been doing informational interviews and sending out your resume, but it doesn't seem to be working.
There's a better process for landing a new job, and we'd love to help you use it!
The Job Search Accelerator is a full day workshop that will help you land your ideal next job. You’ll learn proven techniques to stand out from the competition, make a compelling value proposition to employers, and choose the right job offer for you.By the end of the Accelerator:
And more specifically, you'll:
- You’ll know exactly how to stand out from the crowd and start getting interviews and job offers with your top choice employers.
- You'll be able to use our effective job search process now and any time in the future when you change jobs.
- You’ll be a part of an inspirational community that will hold you accountable and help you along your career journey!
- Learn how to build valuable professional relationships and get referred to jobs
- Receive effective email and LinkedIn templates you can use to network
- Learn how to craft an Application Project to stand out and show your skill
- Revamp your resumé to make it open doors for you
- Learn tips and techniques to crush your interviews and land job offers
- Learn how to pick between multiple job offers and negotiate salary
- Create an Action Plan to continue your job search beyond the Accelerator
The Career Change Accelerator is a serious commitment. We expect you to attend the entire workshop and be prepared to follow your Action Plan as soon as it's over. The hard work will be worth it when the offers start rolling in!Preparing for the Career Change Accelerator
The agenda for the day follows our proven Launch process:1) Create your short list
- Complete the pre-Accelerator survey
- Update your resume and LinkedIn
- Know what specific type of job you want next
2) Build relationships
- Why it's better to target great organizations, not jobs
- How to identify great organizations to work for
3) Offer value and get referred
- How to use professional relationships to get in "the back door"
- Best practices for getting introduced and cold contacting
4) Wow them with your resume and interviews
- How to use self-directed projects to stand out from the crowd
- How to ask for a referral to bypass the line
5) Negotiate your offers
- Best practices for a great resume + professional resume review
- Techniques to shine in the interviews
- Why you should strive for multiple offers
- Effective strategies for negotiating your compensation
- Join free monthly Mission Collaborative alumni events
- MC team available to provide additional support for 3 months