18 and older
It’s time to move on—or maybe you’ve been “in transition” for too long. Either way, you need some input so that you know what others see when they look at your résumé, and what they hear when they interview you.
Participants will engage in a training session to improve and refine their résumés. Opportunities to engage in one-on-one Résumé Building & Review sessions can be offered as well. Part I
- Data Collection and Organization - assessing work/activities and IMPACT (results)
- Success Story Format (Situation, Action, Results)
- Writing With Impact - how to tie actions to results
- Choosing The Right Words – transferable skills and powerful words
- Sales 101 - How will these skills benefit the hiring person’s organization?
Participants will be able to:
- UB4I Writing (“YOU”/ “YOUR,” not “I,” “me,” “my”)
- Reference listPrinciples of networking
- Cover Letter and Résumé Formats - margins, font, type size, small caps, etc.
- Role Play - Mock Interviews
- Create a complete and correct résumé, a marketing device to attract attention, generate interest, describe accomplishments, and invite contact.
- Discover, correct, and improve self-marketing messages, leading to a systematic assessment of specific work-related skills.
- Examine transferable skills and increase personal alignment with prospective organizational mission and goals.