18 and older
Take your sushi skills to the next level and discover new techniques, ingredients and preparations. In today's class you'll be trained on how to select and properly cut Tuna, Salmon, Yellowtail (Hamachi) and Eel (Unagi) for creating intricate maki rolls, hand rolls and nigiri.
Our chef will show you how to make and season sushi rice and get you acclimated with the other key ingredients and tools necessary to create beautiful sushi. Plating techniques and methods will also be covered. In class each student will prepare:
Skills Covered in Class Include:
- Rainbow Roll with Salmon, Tuna and Hamachi
- Caterpillar Roll with Eel and Avocado
- Assorted Nigiri
- Spicy Tuna Hand Roll.
- Preparing and Seasoning Sushi Rice
- Purchasing, Handling and Cutting Sushi-Grade Fish
- Assembling Intricate Maki Rolls
- Plating Techniques
- Using a Bamboo Rolling Mat
- Getting Familiar with Japanese Ingredients
Our Sushi Workshop is not a prerequisite for this class. Note:Due to the layout of our kitchens and in consideration of your classmates, students will work in groups of 3 to 5 people. Parties of 6 or more will be directed to our private events department so we can accommodate them appropriately.
- Please note that upon purchase, your email address may be shared with The Chopping Block, and you will be receiving class and/or marketing information from the provider.
- Also note that by purchasing seats for classes at The Chopping Block you are authorizing CourseHorse to charge your card if you order additional drinks and do not pay for them at the time of the class.