18 and older
FileMaker advanced training is a great option for people who want to take their database management ability to the next level, while looking like a star player to their manager or supervisor.
Learn to perform macro tasks and automation by working and thinking like a developer. This advanced training really speeds up your workflow and allows you to work at the most efficient level possible.FileMaker Versions That Can Attend:
16, 15 & 14 (Microsoft Windows PC and Macintosh)Course Taught With:
FileMaker 15 (Microsoft Windows PC) Software and CoursewareKnowledge Pre-Requisites:Course Outline:
Headsets for free, Guaranteed to Run, Re-Takes for free (Up to 6 months), Interactive Classroom environment.Registration Note:
- The design process, knowing how and where to get the data sources then translate them to items your database can use.
- Creating relationships, identifying relationship types and their use, creating Entity Relationship diagrams.
- An in-depth look at fields and field types, data validation, field storage and indexing, container fields and storage considerations.
- Using portals, interface design preparation and usage, designing device specific layouts, organizing layouts, field controls and their usage, object visibility and behavior, creating values lists, relational value lists, special layout objects, adding buttons to layouts to trigger scripts, using web viewers, advanced formatting, understanding formatting priorities.
- App Logic Calculations, number functions, text functions, validating data by functions, using functions to filter portal data, logical functions, using functions in a tool tip, App Logic using scripting, using scripting tools, script triggers. Working with text functions,
- Scripting Working with Scripts, scripting tools, Script Triggers, Using scripts, Navigation,
- Reporting Planning for Reports, Subsummary Reports, Charts Cross tab reports.
- Security Creating accounts, and granting access, setting up privilege sets
- Deployment Options, backing up Filemaker databases
- Importing and exporting databases and integrating with other applications.
We can only accept students into our classes whose tuition is being paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. Self-paying individuals cannot enroll.
Courseware (if a course has a Courseware) will be shipped to the address provided two weeks before the class starts. Make sure that the additional info field is properly and correctly filled out to avoid Courseware being lost in transit. Please also note that P.O. Box addresses are not allowed.
The classes are instructor-led live training you attend in a local classroom or from your home/office. Our instructors teach from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
Instructors can view student progress and take control of their PC to provide direct assistance. Students can see the instructor's presentation as well as voice questions directly to the instructor and participate in class discussions.