Wed, May 19, 10:00am - May 21, 6:00pm Eastern Time (3 sessions)
This three-day hands-on course introduces students to the primary feature set and basic user interface of Logic Pro, and shows them how to create a customized audio and midi configuration that will seamlessly integrate with their own personal production studio.
Students create their own song using Logic Pro’s comprehensive array of software instruments, Apple Loops, and DSP effects. In-depth lessons cover MIDI and audio recording, streamlined editing and arrangement techniques, user-defined key commands, automation, scoring to picture and surround mixing.
Make Music with Logic Now!
• Creating a Logic Pro X Project
• Exploring the Interface
• Navigating the Project
• Build Up the Arrangement
• Mixing the Song
• Mixing Down to a Stereo File
• Setting up Digital Audio Recording
• Recording a Single Track
• Recording Additional Takes
• Punching In and Out
• Changing Recording Settings
• Deleting Unused Audio Files
• Assigning Mouse Tools
• Editing Regions in the Workspace
• Comping Takes
• Adding Fades and Crossfades
• Editing Regions in the Audio Track Editor
• Editing Files in the Audio File Editor
• Aligning Audio
Produce a Virtual Drum Track
• Creating a Drummer Track
• Arranging the Drum Track
• Customizing the Drum Kit
Recording MIDI and Using Controllers
• Using a Patch from the Library
• Recording MIDI
• Correcting the Timing of a MIDI Recording
• Joining Recordings into a MIDI Region
• Recording MIDI Takes
• Punching In and Out
• Creating a Layered Sound Patch
• Creating a Split Keyboard Patch
• Mapping Smart Controls to Patch Parameters
• Controlling Logic from an iPad Using Logic Remote
• Using Step Input Recording
• Processing MIDI Notes with MIDI Plug-Ins
Creating and Editing MIDI
• Creating MIDI Notes in the Piano Roll Editor
• Creating MIDI Notes in the Score Editor
• Importing a MIDI File
• Editing MIDI Data in the Event List
• Creating and Editing MIDI Continuous Controller
Editing Pitch and Time
• Setting a Project Tempo by Detecting the Tempo of a Recording
• Using and Creating Apple Loops
• Creating Tempo Changes and Tempo Curves
• Adding a Turntable or Tape Slow-Down Effect
• Making One Track Follow the Groove of Another Track
• Change the Playback Pitch and Speed with Varispeed
• Editing the Timing of an Audio Region
• Tuning Vocal Recordings
Editing an Arrangement
• Previewing the Song
• Copying Material to Fill in Parts
• Rendering Multiple Regions
• Adding and Deleting Sections
• Cutting Regions to Remove Silence or Noise
• Organizing Windows and Tracks
• Using the Amp Designer
• Adjusting Levels and Pan
• Submixing Tracks and Processing the Submix
• Using an EQ Plug-In
• Using Delay and Reverberation
• Using Dynamic Processing Plug-Ins
• Using a Few Tips and Tricks
Automating the Mix
• Creating and Editing Offline Automation
• Recording Live Automation
• Using MIDI Controllers
• Bouncing the Mix
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.
Once you have signed up for this class, please email [email protected] if you are signing up for personal improvement or for business and if the company will be paying for your tuition.
Still have questions? Ask the community.
Cancellations made 3 or more days in advance will receive a full credit for a rescheduled date with this provider
Rescheduling policy: Bookings transferred by the customer more than 14 business days before the commencement date of the course will incur no transfer fee. Bookings rescheduled by the customer within 0 to 14 business days of the commencement date of the course will incur a $150 transfer fee. All transferred courses must be completed within 3 months of the commencement date of the original class.
Cancellation/exclusion policy: Any student who cancels at least 7 days before the class should receive a 100% refund. If they cancel 0 - 6 days before the course, they should be charged a registration fee of 10% of the total course cost or $100, whichever amount would be less.
In the event that a customer cancels a booking for which a transfer has taken place, this will incur a minimum 50% cancellation fee.
Exclusion of a student by the school may occur if the student displays behavior deemed inappropriate and/or disruptive to other students and/or the school. Student will receive 1 (one) written warning regarding behavior. If the behavior in question is repeated, the student will be removed from the class with a written explanation of their exclusion. In the event that a student is removed due to the above-mentioned repetitive and/or disruptive behavior, no tuition fees will be refunded.
Note: Any transfers and cancellations require written notification to [email protected]
The school offers a full range of courses, from the avid, autodesk, assimilate and apple products to the complete suite of adobe applications. Our signature six week intensive is a jump-start for anyone looking for a career in editing. Learn avid, final cut pro and after effects, work with top editors,...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Know someone who would like this class but not sure of their schedule? (We recommend this!)
Know their schedule better than your own? Book a date and time directly.
Get special date and rate options for your group. Submit the form below and we'll get back to you within 2 business hours with pricing and availability.