18 and older
Utilize skills and tactics by entertainers such as improvisers and actors to elevate your public speaking performance, forget the fear, and learn to love the spotlight!
Public speaking is the most common #1 phobia in today's society, and at the same time, our abilities to strongly represent ourselves are becoming more and more of a priority. Whether we are job interviewing, pitching our startup, actively networking, or needing to lead a presentation in a boardroom or on a massive stage, confidence, clarity, and communication skills need to hit the mark.
In this fun and interactive class, you will learn how to bring out the best of yourself by proven methods which performers utilize to engage an audience, relax your nerves, leave an impression, and thrive off of positive attention.Takeaways
Prereqs & Preparation
- Play fun improv and acting warm up games to learn how to be in the moment and keep your presentations fresh and lively
- Participate in team building activities which will enhance your communication skills and abilities to connect with new people
- Learn new ways of handling stress and nerves associated to public speaking and presenting yourself in high pressure situations
- Develop a routine which will give you a step by step strategy for feeling calm, present, ready and able to make an impact on stage
- Willingness to take part in group games and exercises
- Please bring a paper and pen to take notes and/or recording device (phones work well) should you like footage of your progress
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.