Discover the Best Data Analytics Classes in Los Angeles
Data analytics is a rapidly-expanding field that affects nearly every industry and sector. Data Analysts and other tech professionals combine tools like statistics and programming with data mining and visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI.
Besides the Data Analyst designation, many titles indicate the need for data analysis skills. These include, but are not limited to:
- Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Financial Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Marketing Analyst
- Operations Analyst
- Research Analyst
Though some data pros specialize in cybersecurity, marketing, or finance, others get their data analytics training as part of a broader computer science or data science curriculum. In California's major metropolitan areas, the alternatives are many.
With world-famous areas like Silicon Valley, the state is known for tech. But it's not just the San Francisco Bay Area that attracts tech workers nationwide. Los Angeles County hosts tech companies of all types. Google has a large campus in Los Angeles, while Snap and Hulu host offices in nearby Santa Monica.
If you need data analytics skills for an area job, consider enrolling in a bootcamp or certificate program. Read on to learn about in-person courses in Los Angeles and live online classes you can take from anywhere.
Best Data Analytics Classes & Schools in Los Angeles
Course providers in the Los Angeles area offer a range of programs for data analytics novices and intermediate students alike. Some are available in person, whereas others include online instruction with optional access to the provider's computer lab for students who need it.
- ONLC Training Centers - For those who want to learn data visualization in a Windows environment, consider the Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst course from ONLC Training Centers. The course teaches security standards and policies across the Power BI spectrum and prepares attendees for the Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst PL-300 certification exam.
- NetCom Learning - NetCom Learning also provides certification training, including programs for cloud-based services. Their Data Warehousing on AWS introduces attendees to Amazon services like Redshift, DynamoDB, and QuickSight. Applicants should be familiar with relational databases and database design concepts.
- EA Principals, Inc. - EA Principals specializes in global enterprise architecture training. In Los Angeles, they host a course called ArchiMate® 3 Training: Foundation (Level 1). This intensive program introduces participants to the ArchiMate® 3 Enterprise Architecture modeling language. Enrollees range from Data Architects to Program Managers, CIOs, and CTOs.
- NYC Career Centers - Among the range of data visualization programs, the Tableau Bootcamp from NYC Career Centers offers targeted training in a hands-on environment. The bootcamp combines Tableau Levels I & II, giving novices a method to learn basic and advanced concepts in the same program.
Los Angeles Industries That Use Data Analytics
California is the world's fourth-largest economy after the U.S., China, and Japan. Los Angeles County is a big part of that, as it holds designations like the country's largest manufacturing center; a monster service sector that includes apparel, retail, and finance; and an entertainment sector of which Hollywood is only one massive part.
With its broad application across every industry, the need for data analytics grows daily. Current listings for Data Analysts in Los Angeles include industries as diverse as hospitality, education, healthcare, and entertainment, but an all-encompassing list would be impossible to create.
There are many data analytics services companies in Los Angeles. Check sites like GoodFirms, The Manifest, or Semrush. If you want to find a data analytics role in a particular industry, consider a bootcamp or certificate program for training.
Data Analytics Jobs & Salaries in Los Angeles
Entertainment, finance, and manufacturing are among the top industries in Los Angeles, but you can find data analytics jobs in nearly any industry here. Healthcare, marketing, education, and aerospace are among the many sectors where data analytics professionals can prosper in the City of Angels.
Here are the top data analytics roles and average salary figures for L.A.
- Financial Analyst - Finance positions can pay well, especially in large cities like Los Angeles. A Financial Analyst typically earns around $75,000 annually in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
- Data Analyst - Data Analysts in Los Angeles do even better, averaging around $83,000 annually. Experienced analytics professionals in multinational companies may earn substantially more.
- Business Intelligence Analyst - Among the more surprising findings in online job listings is that of the Business Intelligence or BI Analyst. These skilled professionals earn an average annual salary of $107,000 in Los Angeles—an impressive 26% above the national average for comparable positions.
Data Scientist - Often the highest-paid professionals in the data analytics category, Data Scientists in Los Angeles earn around $138,000 annually, 12% higher than the national average. However, this rate is more than double the Los Angeles area average salary of $68,000. Data Scientists are compensated well for their skills and experience.