18 and older
No matter what line of business you’re in, being able to clearly communicate your ideas is a critical part of becoming a success. Whether you’re presenting a project or just taking a meeting, knowing how to think on your feet and effectively express yourself is key to connecting and collaborating with your peers.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to use the fundamental techniques and philosophies of improv to enhance your workplace communication skills. You’ll get hands on experience with improv exercises and games that can help you define your message, receive information, and build upon new ideas both independently and within a team.
By utilizing the same skills that actors and comedians use to support each other on stage, you’ll be able to communicate with your team on a whole new level. And maybe even make them laugh a little, too.Takeaways
Prereqs & Preparation
- How to use enhanced communication skills like active listening, body language, and phrasing in their work environment.
- Best practices for clearer and direct communication.
- How to increase creativity, resolve conflicts, build teams, and enhance relationships amongst their co-workers.
- Improve their presentation, networking, and promotional skills.
- Prerequisites: Willingness to take part in group games and exercises.
- Preparation: Paper and pen to take notes with.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.