18 and older
Learn advanced security skills to maximize your SonicWALL UTM investment.
In this course, you will build on the skills learned in Dell SonicWALL Network Security Basic Administration. You will learn the latest information on application control, bandwidth management, troubleshooting, and advanced networking. This course is designed to teach you to utilize the advanced features of SonicWall Unified Threat Management (UTM) products. Through hands-on labs you will configure and test UTM features not covered in the Basic Administration course.
The CSSP certification exam for SonicOS is not a part of the class, but you will have access to it online via your personal MySonicWALL account.
Attend this course and receive one Dell® SonicWALL® NSA 220 TotalSecure network security appliance and a one-year Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite license.
To attend this course, prerequisite skills and knowledge are required, including completing three e-learning courses prior to beginning this class. Information from these e-learning modules is included on the certification exam. The prerequisite training is available from SonicWALL at:https://support.software.dell.com/sonicwall-nsa-series/training/106/dell-sonicwall-network-security-advanced-administration-cssp-level-course-
What You'll Learn
- Network Security Technology Overview (~4 hrs online course): For students new to network security, Dell SonicWALL offers the Network Security Overview course. While this course is not a prerequisite course, it is strongly suggested.
- Advanced Networking and Security with SonicOS (~ 8 hrs online course): This eight-module online training was designed by industry leading networking experts to utilize advanced features of Dell's Network Security products. Most modules consist of three parts:
- A lecture portion that deals with the theory involved with a specific subject.
- A demonstration on how to configure the feature using SonicOS.
- An end-of-module quiz preparing you for taking the comprehensive end-of course quiz.
Who Needs to Attend
- OSPF routing
- Application control and management
- Active/Active HA and wire mode deployments
System engineers, channel partners, service partners, and end users
Current CSSA certification in SonicOS is required to attend this courseCertification Programs and Certificate Tracks
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- CSSP - Certified SonicWALL Security Professional
1. SonicOS Troubleshooting Tools
- System Backup and Restore
- Diagnostic Tools
- Packet Capture
- Third Party Tools
2. Advanced Networking
- Advanced Routing
3. Network Monitoring and Optimization
- Application Intelligence
- Application Control
- Bandwidth Management
- Content Filtering Services via App Rules
4. Advanced High Availability (HA) and Wire Mode
- Advanced HA
- Active/Passive vs. Active/Active
- A/A Cluster
- HA Configuration
- Wire Mode
- Tap Deployment
- Inline Deployments
- Best Practices and Troubleshooting
5. Virtual Assist