Discover the Best Python Classes in Los Angeles
Python sits atop many online lists as the most popular programming language on the planet. As the increasing number of programming and development pros learn Python, more non-technical users will join them, from office workers looking for ways to automate repetitive tasks to gamers trying to create new games.
Python's open-source status means it's free to download. Its easy syntax and massive support community make it more attractive than ever. Programming professionals and non-technical workers consider Python one of the easiest programming languages to learn—whether you're already coding or starting your computer science career.
Top positions among those with Python expertise include:
- Back End Developer
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Data Architect
- Data Engineer
- Full Stack Developer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
Look for in-depth training if you need Python skills for a technical position. If you want to add programming languages to your current skill set, consider Python a top option.
Those new to programming should consider starting Python training with an introductory course. If you need Python skills for a data science or development position, look for a bootcamp or certificate that includes Python as part of a broader curriculum.
Best Python Classes & Schools in Los Angeles
Schools in the Los Angeles area that offer classes in Python abound. Many of these course providers host live online training and in-person courses. Consider the following:
- Practical Programming - The Python Developer Immersive from Practical Programming gives students in-depth training in Python development over 14 sessions, where they also learn tools like SQL and Git, and Django REST. Applicants should have HTML/CSS basics prior to enrollment
- UCLA Extension - Want to master Python within a broader data science curriculum? The Introduction to Data Science course from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) offers an Introduction to Data Science course you can take in as little as ten weeks. Learn Python, R, and other essential skills. See listings for Python and statistics prerequisites
- New Horizons - Python novices focused on data structures can begin learning through the Data Wrangling with Python course from New Horizons. Start with Python fundamentals, then progress to libraries like NumPy and Pandas in this three-day program open to beginners
Los Angeles Industries That Use Python
Python holds the unique advantage of ranking among the three most popular programming languages, topping many online lists. It's general-purpose and high-level, meaning Python offers flexibility to both new programmers and skilled data and development professionals.
Python is also open-source, meaning it's free to use and download Python libraries and frameworks. Combining these tools with others like SQL, GitHub, and MongoDB, and Python finds applications across virtually every industry and sector.
When searching for Python jobs in Los Angeles, look for keywords like:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Big Data
- Business Services
- Digital Media
- Information Technology
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Web Development
Along with Silicon Valley areas like Santa Clara and San Francisco, Los Angeles offers Silicon Beach, a home base for companies like LegalZoom, ZipRecruiter, and The Honest Company. The region also hosts regional offices for Google, Amazon, Apple, and Netflix, to name a few.
Besides tech, Los Angeles industries requiring Python include aerospace and defense, agribusiness, energy, and entertainment.
Python Jobs & Salaries in Los Angeles
The Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) lists the following top categories for L.A. industries:
- EV & Advanced Transportation
- Fashion & Apparel
- Food Manufacturing
- Ocean Economy
- Information Technology (IT)
Python roles fit comfortably in most, if not all, of these sectors, so consider the highest-paying Python careers here when evaluating options.
- Data Analyst - An average Data Analyst salary in Los Angeles is around $81,000, 9% higher than the national average. Companies like Meta, TikTok, and Synopsys may pay considerably more to qualified individuals
- Business Analyst - A Los Angeles Business Analyst can expect to make about $87,000 in annual compensation, comparable to the national average for similar positions. Top companies for Business Analysts here include NVIDIA, Genentech, and Wellington Life Management.
- Data Scientist - A Data Scientist can expect to earn an average annual salary of about $145,000 in L.A., or 11% higher than the national average. Top companies like Stitch Fix, Intuit, and Citizens may pay even more
Machine Learning (ML) Engineer - Machine Learning Engineers earn an annual salary of around $181,000 in Los Angeles, 17% above the national average. Household name companies like eBay may pay considerably more to the most qualified professionals.