18 and older
• An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
• Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
• A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
• Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Although not necessary for other courses, you will have the ability to put yourself on webcam for any of the classes if you so choose. Instructors may occasionally choose to be on webcam throughout the class also.
Supported Operating Systems:
• Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
• MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with limited functionality (Zoom version 3.6)
• Windows 10
• Windows 8 or 8.1
• Windows 7Windows Vista with SP1 or later
• Windows XP with SP3 or later
• Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
• Mint 17.1 or higher
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
• Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
• CentOS 6.4 or higher
• Fedora 21 or higher
• OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
• ArchLinux (64-bit only)
Supported Tablet and Mobile Devices:
• Surface PRO 2 running Win 8.1
• Surface PRO 3 running Win 10
• iOS and Android devices
• Blackberry devices
• Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
• Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
• Linux: Firefox, Chrome
Processor and RAM requirements:
• Minimum - Single Core 1Ghz or Higher
• Recommended - Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
• Recommended: 4GB
High DPI Support:
• High DPI displays are supported in Zoom version 3.5 or higher
The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participants’ network. It will automatically adjust for 3G, WiFi or Wired environments.
ASPE Training uses the Zoom platform to conduct live, online classes.
Building on traditional risk-based test practice we are now challenged by incremental delivery. To address but not inhibit Agility, we examine concepts like pair testing and strengthening relationships in a team setting to build a sense of common purpose. Working in parallel with developers eliminates hand-offs and late stage testing, and enables incremental confirmed component delivery. This program builds on what we know and adapts to what we need … Agile delivery. Agile testing opens new areas of opportunity to build strength in product quality, process improvement and test confidence.
When implementing changes in methods and approaches, we may slide back into old test habits, or leave methods behind rather than transition from them. We may throw everything away and do a wholesale replacement without appreciating what really needs to change. Most testing practices work, but only within appropriate development contexts. This program will contrast traditional against Agile testing, highlighting what changes we must make to apply the best testing principles in the new role that we will play. Agile testing is not a separate service, but an integrated part of the development team. This course will introduce you to the Agile Testing Process, and explore Agile testing practices that you can immediately take from the classroom into the office with newfound confidence.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be awarded with the ICAgile Certification in Agile Testing. The ICP-TST certification can only be earned by completing a live class.
*Please note, the eLearning course does not provide attendees with ICAgile certification
- Improve software quality delivered by your Agile development teams.
- Apply all four quadrants of software testing to ensure the effectiveness of both business facing and technology facing testing.
- Accelerate defect detection and correction and lower integration costs through continuous integration.
- “Build the product right” by applying techniques like Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Capitalize on your investment in traditional testing methods by transitioning them to an Agile approach.
- Address product and technical risk using Risk-Based Testing to better focus time and resources.
- Enhance the skills of your testers and development team to effectively conduct adequate testing.
- Learn from defects so you can optimize your Agile development process.
- Achieve higher product confidence by using Pair Testing.
- Optimize the performance of your Agile teams through proper testing roles.
Agile Testing Mindset
- Overview of Agile Testing
- Mindset & Culture
Agile Testing Process
- Categories of Testing
- Collaborating with Developers
- Example Driven Development
- Feature and Story Testing
Who should attend:
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Test Strategy and Planning
- Successful Delivery
- Test Environments and Infrastructure
- Working on Distributed Teams
“Delivered by ASPE, ICAgile Member Organization”
- Quality Analysts & Engineers
- Software Test Leads & Testers
- Software Quality & Testing Managers
- Software Project Managers
- Software Engineering Managers
- Business Analysts
- Software Development Managers
- IT Managers