Discover the Best Python Classes in Chicago
Python continues to top online lists of the most popular programming languages in the world. This object-oriented language offers simplicity, scalability, and versatility to tech professionals across every industry, from data science to web development.
If you want to learn Python in Chicago, you might find the number of options confusing. You can choose one of countless tutorials, bootcamps, or certificate programs. Consider first that you should base your selection on how and where you plan to use the skills and knowledge you gain from training.
Read on to learn more about the best Python classes in Chicago.
Best Python Classes & Schools in Chicago
- ONLC Training Centers - ONLC Training Centers offers live online courses with optional access to their on-site computer labs for those who need them. In Chicago, they provide multiple training options, including Python Programming Level 1: Intro for Non-Programmers. This beginner-level course is ideal for development pros who need to learn Python. Applicants with no programming experience are also welcome. There are no prerequisites. ONLC also offers intermediate courses in related topics like Power BI and Tableau data visualization.
- Sprintzeal Americas, Inc. - Many of Sprintzeal’s classes help participants prepare for project management, marketing, and web development certification tests. The CompTIA PenTest+ Certification class prepares attendees for CompTIA PenTest+, a popular certification for professionals in cybersecurity roles. While not every Python pro starts here, the course is open to students at all levels.
Online Python Schools & Classes
Online live learning is one of the most popular options for busy professionals and those with family obligations. Virtual training is interactive, offering a hands-on experience like in-person coursework. Students can attend from the comfort of home or office, ask questions in real-time, and get answers from expert instructors who can even control the screen—with permission, of course. Check out live online Python classes you can take from Chicago or anywhere.
- Noble Desktop - Python is one of many topics available from Noble Desktop, which offers bootcamps and certificate programs in-person and live online. Their Data Science Certificate program takes Python beginners from novices to data analysis or science pros in four weeks full-time or twenty weeks part-time. They also offer Python web development classes and shorter Python programming classes and bootcamps.
- Practical Programming - Practical Programming offers multiple Python classes, too, including beginner-level and intermediate. For example, their FinTech Bootcamp covers Python, emphasizing data analysis and visualization. There are no prerequisites for this course.
- NYC Career Centers - You can take in-person classes from NYC Career Centers in New York but live online from anywhere, including Chicago. Their Python Machine Learning Bootcamp is open to all levels, but applicants should be comfortable with Python data science libraries before enrollment.
Chicago Industries That Use Python
Some of the top industries in Chicago that use Python include information technology (IT), life sciences, and BFSI (banking, financial services, and insurance). While these sectors require Python nationwide, their importance in Chicago is even higher.
Today the greater Chicago metropolitan area is home to some of the biggest FinTech employers in the nation. Chicago biotech and pharmaceutical companies include Abbott Laboratories, Amgen, and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, to name a few. Python and Django development companies based in Chicago include BuildThis, Foxbox Digital, and Brightlab.
Other key industries in Chicago use Python, too. Manufacturing, transportation, healthcare, and energy are industries that benefit from Python—from web development and Python data science to cybersecurity and artificial intelligence, including machine learning.
Python Jobs & Salaries in Chicago
Python professionals in the Chicago metro area do quite well salary-wise. For example, Data Analysts earn an average annual salary of about $73,000, comparable to the average U.S. salary.
While Data Scientists typically make around $118,000 annually here, Python Developers in Chicago earn about $144,000 annually—an impressive 25% higher than the national average for comparable positions. And Machine Learning Engineers here make an average annual salary of $168,000, eight percent higher than the national average.
These high-salary positions may require multiple programming languages and years of experience. Many Python professionals begin training through immersive bootcamps or certificate programs to gain entry-level jobs before advancing. When looking for Python positions in Chicago, remember to include titles like Software Engineer, DevOps Developer, or Build Release Engineer, as well as those listed above.
Python Corporate Training
You can book corporate Python training for your Chicago organization through CourseHorse. A live online Python Fundamentals class is available at the beginner level. Training is available live online through CourseHorse or at a state-of-the-art Midtown Manhattan location with workstations and equipment provided.
You can also get private group training tailored to your specific needs. If you want your team to have more scheduling flexibility, you can also purchase discounted vouchers for public enrollment classes. Call or click today for a free consultation.