18 and older
If you are enchanted by Argentine Tango passionate moves or have friends that you don’t see no more cause they always ‘tangoing’ making you all curious or you simply always wanted to learn how to dance Argentine Tango – this is the great way to start. Simply show up and we show you how to tango.
This course is meant for people who either never ever danced Tango or took few tango classes long time ago or took few tango lessons quite recently but are not sure what they know or if they are ready for next level.
It’s good to take this Beginner Tango course to put all your information in order. You gain the necessary vocabulary and learn all the basic movements to be able to easily follow the explanations at higher levels of Tango courses.
This course is required to attend any higher level of tango classes offered at Ultimate Tango. We respect our students and we want to keep Ultimate Tango classes at the high standards. Please respect our commitment to excellence. And make it your own.
In this class you will learn all tango basics necessary to progress further. The material is presented in very organized manner allowing progress from class to class.
You will learn:
Join at any time or wait for the beginning of next cycle. This course repeats every 2 months. You are required to attend all 8 classes. If you joined when the class was in sessions you can take the required classes during the next cycle.
- Basics of Tango connection, lead and follow
- Principles of Argentine Tango walk
- Walking as a couple in close embrace
- Parallel system
- Open and cross step
- Parallel walk outside partner left and right
- Baldoza inside and outside partner (left and right)
- Changes of direction within baldoza
- Basics of pivoting
- Rotating baldoza
- Basic to the cross
- Rebound in 3 direction: forward, back and side
- Rotating rebound
- Musicality: time and double time
- Cadencia. Difference between Tango, Milonga and Vals
- Floor craft: Basics of Tango navigation
- Milonga: cabaceo, tanda, cortina, order of tandas
No partner required.