18 and older
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. This course teaches the skills of CPR for victims of all ages, including ventilation with a barrier device and oxygen, use of an AED on adults and children, and relief of foreign body airway obstruction in responsive and non-responsive victims.
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR.
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival.
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant.
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant.
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques.
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant.
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant.
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant.
- CPR with an advanced airway.
- Compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place.
Who should take this class
- American Heart Association, 2 year Certification
- You will receive your eCard shortly after class completion
- Accreditation/Agency - American Heart Association
: This class is for current or future healthcare providers. Whether you have been in the field for 20 years and just trying to renew or about to start your first day of school in this career. Required material:
According to the AHA, you are required to have a book for the class:
This BLS course is for BOTH Certification and Recertification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Manual - Additional $20
Upon successful completion of the course, students receive an AHA course completion card valid for 2 years.
All of the courses that we have students sign up for through CourseHorse are skills sessions. Skills sessions require that the student complete an online testing portion through the American Heart Association, that online testing portion is a separate charge from our class fee for facilitating the skills session in the class room.
We offer full provider classes that are all done in class without the need to complete an online test before the class starts.