18 and older
Let the International Guide Academy, the leading global provider of Tour Director, Tour manager, and Tour Guide certification programs since 1973 give your career the direction it deserves. When you earn your certification with us, you receive free lifetime job placement assistance.
The standards for learning and earning your certification are designed to focus on the skills you will need most in the real-world of Tour Directing.This course is intended for you
if you are seeking certification as a Tour Director or Tour Manager. People working as Tour Directors within the USA or other countries travel from city to city, state to state, country to country, with responsibilities for the smooth flow of a multi-day tour. Assignments can include motorcoach travel, cruise ship travel and trains. What will you learn?
The beginning modules in this certification program include Travel Industry Terminology, a look behind the scenes as to how tours are put together and marketed by Tour Operators, Industry Trends, Profile of a Tour Manager/Director and your Pre-tour Departure Preparations.
After this foundation, your program covers
All graduates receive a book specially prepared for that specific class
- Public Speaking,
- Airline and Airport Procedures,
- Baggage Handling and Control,
- Client Welcome preparation,
- content and delivery,
- Hotel Arrivals and Departures,
- Motorcoach Commentary,
- Cultural Practices,
- Being Environmentally Aware on Tour,
- How to Research,
- Leisure Days on Tour,
- City Tours (working with the local Tour Guide or doing it yourself),
- Motorcoach Travel,
- Destination Itinerary Planning,
- Discussion with a Motorcoach Driver and Teamwork,
- Optional Excursions (what they are, how to present them, operate them and money handling),
- when available a Tour Operator speaks with the class,
- Group Psychology,
- Passenger Emergencies,
- Industry Networking,
- preparing your resume,
- telephone interview techniques as well as Hiring Companies and their practices are identified.
which covers Getting Hired, over 150 specific Tour Operators that are looking to hire IGA graduates plus Cruise Lines contact information. Throughout the program, the participants are video recorded with copies to each student, role playing, actual motorcoach travel is included and more. All students are also given an interview to practice your skills. With IGA you learn by doing.ALL programs are taught in English.
The 2 days (Tuesday and Thursday) not in class are usually spent on research and study by the student.