Our way to encourage you to never stop learning!
We give you back 5% of every dollar spent on classes, in the form of rewards points.
Your points automatically apply as a discount
on your next purchase, so you start saving immediately.
Questions? Contact us!
CMS Web Application DevelopmentPace University CPE »
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
Midtown East, Manhattan
551 5th Ave 8th Floor
At E 45th St
New York, New York 10017 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 29500 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 25
What you'll learn in this web development course:
Students will learn how to Plan, design, build and maintain websites using CMS (Content Management Systems) and CMF (Content Management Frameworks) systems.
Content Management Systems have gained in popularity as the number of robust and complex websites continues to grow. Students will cover the lifecycle of web sites, including their creation, management, distribution, and publishing of content.
Students will explore Open source Content Management Systems (CMS), Content Management Frameworks (CMF), and Web Content Management (WCM) in Java, .Net, Ruby, Python, and PHP. Student exercises include how to interact, and engage and contribute to online communities and projects.
The course will also cover the various technologies and the resources available to developers. Students will learn how to: Plan, design, build and maintain websites using CMS (Content Management Systems) and CMF (Content Management Frameworks) systems. As a final project, students will build a full web application of their choice.
Prerequisite: Students who have taken the Adobe Web Design course or have the equivalent experience and have solid skills in Dreamweaver, CSS, HTML and basic knowledge of PHP.
Who should enroll: Students who have taken the Adobe Web Design course or have a equivalent experience and have a solid skills in Dreamweaver, CSS, HTML, and basic knowledge of PHP. This is an intermediate to advanced course.
This CMS Web Application Development course is also for web designers (and others) wishing to understand site creation with Content Management Systems and to expand their skills by creating CMS-driven sites built with WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, ModX, Stripe, Magento and others.
- Web designers /developers looking to extend their knowledge and skills
- Prior WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, etc. users or administrators looking for better understanding and more control of their sites
Web Standards and Database Driven Applications
- History of the Internet
- Page layouts, Fluid and Dynamic
- CSS Hacks and Bug Fixes
- CSS3 Design Galleries
- Web Typography, Fonts, Elements, Usability, and Accessibility
- Web Standards Compliance, Validation, HTTP request/response cycle
- Static and Dynamic Site Concepts
- Document Object Model and Ajax
- MODx Revolution Overview
- MVC (Model View Controller) Architectural Pattern
- ORM (Object Relational Mapper)
- Introduction to Git Client Version Control
- 960 Grid System, 1140 Grid System, Blueprint Framework, YUI 2, YAML, FEM
- CSS Frameworks, Grids, Generators, and Tools
- CSS Positioning, Floats, and Property Basics
- Revolution Tag Syntax
- Information Architecture Concepts
- Custom Fonts with CSS3, sIFR, Cufon, and ITR
- Mobile emulators and simulators
- Application performance on mobile devices
- Mobile template design examples
- Detect Mobile Browsers, user agent detection - feature detection and browser detection
- jQuery Mobile Tips and Code
- Video Library: Mobile, Sencha, SproutCore, Titanium, Browsers, jQuery Mobile
- Thematic Mapping Library
- Google Maps API Map Style Implementation
- Prototype MooTools Accordian in jsFiddle
- Implement a Web Desktop Application with Sencha
- Cross Platform Mobile WebApps - dojo Mobile
- Web Mapping with Mapstraction, CartoView, Google Maps, Bing, etc.
- jQuery Fundamentals
Final Project Assesment:
- Overview and Presentation
- Application Features and Components
- Theme/Template Implementation in CMS or Framework
- API Design Best Practices
- Dynamic Data Features
Refund & Cancellation PolicyPlease note that enrollment is limited and registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. No registration will be accepted until payment has been received. This requirement applies to all participants.
Registrants who cancel their registration by the Wednesday of the week prior to the start of class will receive a full refund. No refunds will be granted after that date. Pace University reserves the right to substitute instructors, change the day or time a program meets, or cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen events. If a class is canceled, a full refund will be issued.
Start Dates (0)
School: Pace University CPE
This school gives you the power to transform your life ---to achieve your educational goals and career dreams. Whether you are looking to enhance your skills in your current position, contemplating a career change, updating your resume, or opening up your mind to something you have always dreamed of...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.