Field Guide III: On-LocationBKC Brooklyn Central »
6 seats left
Sat, May 17: 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Other start dates (2)
33 Washington St
(Btwn Plymouth & Water Streets)
New York, NY 11201 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 1200 points. Points give you money off your next class!
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Age Requirements: 13 and older
- Average Class Size: 10
What you'll learn in this beginner photography class:This is not a how-to, step-by-step kind of workshop. It's designed to provide stimulus and fresh challenges to the emerging shooter, as well as critical feedback and group discussion on concept and execution while on location.
Being a photographer on assignment, you sometimes get sent to far-flung reaches of the Earth, or your neighborhood, on a mission to tell the story, or document what is happening, or simply to "bring back something I can use". Whether you have an interest in raw photojournalism, travel photography, street style blogs or environmental portraits, more often than not you'll be finding yourself on location.
Some topics we'll be covering:
- Understanding your environment and maximizing it
- Photographing people you don't know (yet)
- How a scene can change depending on the time of day
- Responding creatively to a brief
- Being fearless and trying new things
Students will be on location for virtually the entire duration of this course. We'll disclose the meeting location (within the 5 boroughs, of course) two days before the start of the Field Guide. Instructors will hand out assignments and a map of the area, as well as some background details, and students will get to work.
Class will meet rain or shine, so be prepared and dress appropriately. We'll show you how to weatherproof your camera using a simple ziplock bag. A DSLR is preferred but not required. Once you're registered, you'll receive detailed instructions on meeting time, location and what additionally, if anything, to bring.
Interested in an On-Site Class or Custom Program from BKC Brooklyn Central? Request info about private training
- Gift certificates are non-refundable
- Credits, promotional discounts, or any special arrangements will be one time per individual. Course Cancellation by BKC.
- If less than 4 people are enrolled in a course we will cancel that class and offer students a full refund of the amount paid or a credit towards a new course within a month of the canceled course start date.
- BKC reserves the right to change instructors if needed without prior notice.
- If a class is cancelled because of weather conditions or illness of an instructor, BKC will schedule a make up session.
Start Dates (2)
Sat, May 17 12:00pm - 6:00pm
33 Washington St
Btwn Plymouth & Water Streets
New York, NY 11201
School: BKC Brooklyn Central
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Ready to take this class?
Or call 212-729-4088
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.