By utilizing both in-class and in-field methods, this course will provide all the necessary training to pass the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) exam to be fully certified as a home inspector as well as have the knowledge to identify defects and write credible reports. By implementing the business development and marketing training that also comes with the course, students will be able to create,develop and grow their own business of inspections or add them to an existing business model.
Students who complete this course successfully will be able to:
Required Texts, Materials, or Equipment
- Pass the InterNACHI final exam and be nationally certified.
- Pass the InterNACHI Standards of Practice exam.
- Pass the InterNACHI Code of Ethics exam.
- Pass 17 additional core online InterNACHI chapters relating to systems of a home and safe practices.
- Identify major, minor and obscure defects and write them in a report that are acceptable by real estate agents and clients.
- Understand implementation strategies of both business and marketing to create, operate and grow your own company – or successfully adding this to an existing business model.
- InterNACHI Membership (free for 6 months upon registration with Axium Academy)
- Axium Student Education Binders: We provide all our students these binders which contain all the
- Standards of Practice, Methods of Evaluation and training material covered in the class.
- While hard copies of this material are handed out during class, it is all available through the student portal Axium Academy sets up for all students.
The course itself is five days in the classroom, plus additional in-field training. There are 19 total online InterNACHI chapters assigned that is completed as homework: prior to starting/coming to the first day of class, at night after the classroom sessions, or after the five days in-class. These chapters are assigned to ensure that all content is covered to prepare you for: a) the InterNACHI final certification exam, and b) to receive the Axium Academy recommended education that all professional home inspectors should minimally have.Major Assignments
The live course major assignments of this course include: all tests (Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics, FinalExam), 4 Mock Inspections to be graded by InterNACHI, 2 group inspections during class, and 4 individual infield training sessions.Class Participation
While participation is not mandatory, the best way to learn and retain this information is to learn by doing! We encourage all students to engage during the class to ensure they are in full understanding of the content being presented/taught to them.All interactions in class will be civil, respectful, and supportive of an inclusive learning environment for all students. We encourage students to speak with all instructors or office advisors, about any concerns they may have about classroom participation and classroom dynamics.Course HoursStatement of Total Hours for Axium Academy’s Course
This course is highly focused on hands-on training both in the classroom and in the field to ensure the optimal retention of information. During the week of class, we start at 8am and end at 5pm all 5 days. This portion constitutes as a total of 40 hours.
Coupled with the online course content of both Axium and InterNACHI, there is an additional 60 hours of: online textbook material, power point slides, video trainings, study guides, practice exams and quizzes. Including the individual In-Field Trainings provided through Axium Academy and Axium Inspections (each session being 3 hours or more) there is an estimated additional 16 hours of training. In total, there is roughly 116 total hours of course work to be completed.