18 and older
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 environment. This course will teach you how to configure SharePoint Server 2013, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your SharePoint server deployment.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2013,
- Design an information architecture,
- Design logical and physical architectures,
- Install and configure SharePoint Server 2013,
- Create web applications and site collections,
- Plan and configure service applications,
- Manage users and permissions,
- Configure authentication for SharePoint 2013,
- Secure a SharePoint 2013 deployment,
- Manage taxonomy,
- Configure user profiles,
- Configure enterprise search
- Monitor and maintain a SharePoint 2013 environment.
Chapter 1 Design a SharePoint topology
- Objective 1.1: Design information architecture
- Objective 1.2: Design a logical architecture
- Objective 1.3: Design a physical architecture
- Objective 1.4: Plan a SharePoint Online (Microsoft Office 365) deployment
Chapter 2 Plan security
- Objective 2.1: Plan and configure authentication
- Objective 2.2: Plan and configure authorization
- Objective 2.3: Plan and configure platform security
- Objective 2.4: Plan and configure farm-level security
Chapter 3 Install and configure SharePoint farms
- Objective 3.1: Plan installation
- Objective 3.2: Plan and configure farm-wide settings
- Objective 3.3: Create and configure enterprise search
- Objective 3.4: Create and configure a Managed Metadata Service (MMS) application
- Objective 3.5: Create and configure a User Profile service (UPA) application
Chapter 4 Create and configure web applications and site collections
- Objective 4.1: Provision and configure web applications
- Objective 4.2: Create and maintain site collections
- Objective 4.3: Manage Site and Site Collection Security
- Objective 4.4: Manage search
- Objective 4.5: Manage taxonomy
Chapter 5 Maintain a core SharePoint environment
Headsets for free, Guaranteed to Run, Re-Takes for free (Up to 6 months), Interactive Classroom environment.Registration Note:
- Objective 5.1: Monitor a SharePoint environment
- Objective 5.2: Tune and optimize a SharePoint environment
- Objective 5.3: Troubleshoot a SharePoint environment
We can only accept students into our classes whose tuition is being paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. Self-paying individuals cannot enroll.Certification exams are administered by third party testing companies such as Pearson Vue or Prometric. Our courses prepare you for the certification exam, which is an additional fee paid to the testing provider.. You must contact Prometric, Pearson Vue or the corresponding testing provider to take a certification exam.
Courseware (if a course has a Courseware) will be shipped to the address provided two weeks before the class starts. Make sure that the additional info field is properly and correctly filled out to avoid Courseware being lost in transit. Please also note that P.O. Box addresses are not allowed.
The classes are instructor-led live training you attend in a local classroom or from your home/office. Our instructors teach from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
Instructors can view student progress and take control of their PC to provide direct assistance. Students can see the instructor's presentation as well as voice questions directly to the instructor and participate in class discussions.