18 and older
This ILT Series course covers the basic skills and concepts students need to use Microsoft Access productively and efficiently. After an introduction to the Access environment, students will learn how to plan databases and create tables. Then they will learn to organize fields and records, and to work with data entry rules.
They will learn how to create basic queries, and how to work with forms and reports. This course will help students prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist exam for Access. For comprehensive certification training, students should complete the Level 1, 2 and 3 courses for Access.Access Versions That Can Attend:
Access 2019, 365, 2016, & 2013 (Microsoft Windows PC)Course Taught With:
Access version 2013 (Microsoft Windows PC) Software and CoursewareNot Appropriate For:
Macintosh versions of AccessCourse Outline
Unit 1: Getting started
- Topic A: Database Concepts
- Topic B: Exploring the Access environment
Unit 2: Databases and tables
- Topic A: Planning and designing databases
- Topic B: Exploring tab les
- Topic C: Creating tables
Unit 3: Fields and records
- Topic A: Changing the design of a table
- Topic B: Finding and editing records
- Topic C: Organizing records
Unit 4: Data Entry rules
- Topic A: Setting field properties
- Topic B: Working with input masks
- Topic C: Setting validation rules
Unit 5: Basic queries
- Topic A: Creating and using queries
- Topic B: Modifying query results and queries
- Topic C: Performing operations in queries
Unit 6: Using forms
- Topic A: Creating forms
- Topic B: Using Design view
- Topic C: Sorting and filtering records
Unit 7: Working with reports
Headsets for free, Guaranteed to Run, Re-Takes for free (Up to 6 months), Interactive Classroom environment.Registration Note:
- Topic A: Creating reports
- Topic B: Modifying and printing reports
We can only accept students into our classes whose tuition is being paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. Self-paying individuals cannot enroll.
Courseware (if a course has a Courseware) will be shipped to the address provided two weeks before the class starts. Make sure that the additional info field is properly and correctly filled out to avoid Courseware being lost in transit. Please also note that P.O. Box addresses are not allowed.
The classes are instructor-led live training you attend in a local classroom or from your home/office. Our instructors teach from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
Instructors can view student progress and take control of their PC to provide direct assistance. Students can see the instructor's presentation as well as voice questions directly to the instructor and participate in class discussions.