18 and older
Immerse yourself in the amazing world of Adobe Creative Cloud applications that help designers create a variety of brilliant print and digital media. The Adobe Creative Cloud is composed of three industry standard design applications that seamlessly connect with each other. Becoming proficient will set you on a path to success with the design industry’s latest tools and techniques.
This two-day course will provide step-by-step instruction leading you through three of the most-used Adobe applications. We'll spend the weekend learning the ins and outs of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
InDesign is the professional publishing software used to create and design books, brochures, magazines and newspapers. Photoshop is the professional digital imaging software, that has evolved from a photographer’s tool and is now used to design websites and create interfaces and original iconography for digital screens on any device. Illustrator is the industry-standard vector graphics software for creating logos, illustrations and original typography.
This is a hands-on crash course and through step-by-step instruction, you will be led through the most important tools, concepts and techniques for all three programs.TakeawaysInDesign:
- Learn the basics of the Adobe InDesign interface
- Learn the master and local pages features for large scale project
- Format content and learn the character, paragraph and styles panels
- Construct and modify single or multiple layouts and spreads
- Import images and assets from Illustrator or Photoshop
- Package files for professional printing
- Learn the basics of the Adobe Illustrator interface
- Learn and become familiar with the pen and shape builder tools
- Prepare and export branding assets for clients and projects
- Create logos and iconography
Prereqs & Preparation
- Learn the basics of the Adobe Photoshop interface
- Understand and work with layers and adjustment panels
- Transform and maximize smart objects layers and objects
- Manipulate, modify and color photographs
- Create a website landing page
This is an introductory course for first time and beginning Adobe application users. No prior experience with Adobe applications is required for this class.
All students must be able to bring a laptop for each day, preferably a Mac. You will need to have Adobe Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop version CS6 and above installed for the start of the course.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.