16 and older
This course offers a thorough background in the SketchUp Tools and Techniques most important to design professionals creating interiors. The aim of this E-learning course is to systematically teach you a progression of tools so you’ll understand how to quickly and efficiently integrate SketchUp into your work flow. Most importantly, we’ll get you to understand how SketchUp thinks so you can communicate with the program with ease and create images that will be a useful tool for your business.Class Features:
- 1 class segment of 8 hours
- Online review of all material
- 110 page manual
This is a practical SketchUp Training Course Designed for Interior Architects and Designers.Course Includes:
covers the basics of SketchUp and best use practices for all its tools. Step-by-step projects include:
- A series of mini-projects to learn all the basic tools
- Building a simple cabin from a hand-drawn floor plan. Importing components from the 3D Warehouse and learning about the power of dynamic components.
- Learn the basics of applying materials.
After this initial section, you'll have a solid grounding in SketchUp to begin creating some simple models.Part 2
refines your skills by working on a condo model. You’ll learn:
- Creating a building from a floorplan
- Working with groups, layers, and scenes as your model becomes more complex.
- Other resources for finding and creating custom materials.
- Using shadows and styles to improve how SketchUp displays
- How to use the Follow Me Tool to create complex geometry such as crown moldings.
- Basic kitchen layout.
- Creating Sections, Elevations, and Simple Dimensioned Drawings.Exporting images.
By the end of the series, you’ll be comfortable creating detailed interiors in SketchUp and you’ll have learned to enjoy drawing with SketchUp!