18 and older
Course name: Brand Storytelling: Creating a Powerful Story that Inspires
Traditional marketing is dead. Consumers today are highly skeptical of corporate-style disruption advertising. In the age of Instagram and direct-to-consumer commerce, you build a brand by building a following first. But how do you rise above the noise to attract these passionate fans? Start with a great story.
A brand story with the right emotional appeal can transform a casual customer into a lifelong evangelist. Today, every brand needs to know how to tap the power of storytelling to reach their ideal customers, employees, and investors.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to connect with your audience and get them to believe in your story. In-class exercises will give you the frameworks and tools to hone in on the most compelling story for your specific business or organization.
You’ll walk away with a powerful brand story that you can start implementing right away on your website, your social media, your email marketing, and other channels.Takeaways
- Understand why storytelling is so critical to modern-day businesses and organizations
- Learn how to craft an authentic brand story that inspires long-term customer loyalty
- Learn actionable frameworks to help you break down and build your brand story, including the 5Ps of branding and the 3Cs of brand storytelling.
- Borrow tried-and-true techniques from narrative fiction and classic story structure to power your brand marketing
- Deconstruct real examples of transformative brand storytelling
- Create a concise and convincing elevator pitch for your brand story
- Break down excellent examples of ‘About Us’ pages so you can improve your own story
Please bring your laptop, notebook and pen to jot down your notes.
We’ll be looking at live examples from the Web and studying how some of the best brands are using storytelling today.
This workshop is open to anyone who needs to do a better job of telling their brand story, including startups, established businesses, nonprofits, and community organizations. Students will gain the most if they come with a good understanding of their ideal customers, competitive position, long-term vision for their brand, and current challenges with their marketing and messaging.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.