18 and older
Microsoft® Word 2016 enables you to do far more than simple word processing. This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the Word 2016 Exam and the Word 2016 Expert Exam.Target Audience
This course is intended for students who want to use advanced capabilities in Word, including image manipulation, collaboration and revision tracking, cross-referencing and linking, document security, forms, and process automation through macros.Course Objectives
- Use images in a document.
- Create custom graphic elements.
- Collaborate on documents.
- Add reference marks and notes.
- Secure a document.
- Create and manipulate forms.
- Create macros to automate tasks.
- Word 2016 - Part 1
- Word 2016 - Part 2
To ensure success, you should be comfortable in the Windows® 10 environment, and be able to use Windows 10 to manage information on your computer. Specific tasks you should be able to perform include opening and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders.Course Outline
1 - MANIPULATING IMAGES
- Topic A: Integrate Pictures and Text
- Topic B: Adjust Image Appearance
- Topic C: Insert Other Media Elements
2 - USING CUSTOM GRAPHIC ELEMENTS
- Topic A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic B: Add WordArt and Other Text Effects
- Topic C: Draw Shapes
- Topic D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
3 - COLLABORATING ON DOCUMENTS
- Topic A: Prepare a Document for Collaboration
- Topic B: Mark Up a Document
- Topic C: Review Markups
- Topic D: Merge Changes from Other Documents
4 - ADDING DOCUMENT REFERENCES & LINKS
- Topic A: Add Captions
- Topic B: Add Cross-References
- Topic C: Add Bookmarks
- Topic D: Add Hyperlinks
- Topic E: Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Topic F: Add Citations and a Bibliography
5 - SECURING A DOCUMENT
- Topic A: Suppress Information
- Topic B: Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Topic C: Restrict Document Access
- Topic D: Add a Digital Signature to a Document
6 - USING FORMS TO MANAGE CONTENT
- Topic A: Create Forms
- Topic B: Modify Forms
7 - AUTOMATING REPETITIVE TASKS WITH MACROS
- Topic A: Automate Tasks by Using Macros
- Topic B: Create a Macro