18 and older
Our educational content is designed for active, motivated, and curious students, so the fact that you’re here is a good start. We've put together a list of some common questions we're asked about our digital subscription. If you still have questions after reading this, please don’t hesitate to reach out at [email protected] – we’re more than happy to help.
Q: Where does this video come from?
A: Our online videos are recorded at our NYC campus, right across from Zaro’s. We handpick the best of our classes + workshops and fresh squeeze them to produce an online offering for students who prefer to learn on their own time, who live far from a GA campus, or who just love pressing rewind.
Q: If I pay for this class, do I own it?
A: When you pay for an online class recording you can view it forever. No need to download.
Q: Can I watch this on my iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, or screen TV?
A: Right now you can only watch our online classes on your computer. We’ll soon make it available on mobile devices as well. If you have a big screen TV, can we come over and watch Gossip Girl?
Q: What other kinds of online classes does GA offer?
A: GA currently offers a number of free online livestream classes where you can ask the instructor questions, meet like-minded peers, and hide away from your office mates during lunch. Over the coming months we will slowly roll out an archive of classes that students will be able to purchase.
Q: Is there a default timezone for your live stream listings?
A: All of our live streams are labeled according to New York time (EST/EDT) in accordance with a panel of artisan watchmakers.
Q: I live on the other side of the globe and won't be awake when the live stream airs. What can I do?
A: Select the "live stream + video recording" option when purchasing and watch it whenever you like (after original airing, barring time travel ability.
Q: What is a "replay"?
A: A replay is a pre-recorded live steam that is being rebroadcast. The instructors will not be available to answer questions, but if you send questions to [email protected], we will attempt to pass them along and get them answered if possible (please allow time for delivery, no shipping and handling costs apply).
Q: How can I find out more about GA’s online classes?
A: You should check out our current lineup up of livestream classes. You should also sign-up for our weekly newsletter.
Q: What is GA’s refund policy?
A: We hope all our students enjoy our classes. If, for some reason, you would like to request a refund, please email [email protected] with a brief explanation. We’ll respond as soon as possible. Region-specific policies are listed here.
Learn anywhere, on your schedule. Each week, you’ll complete a series of videos, quizzes, interactive activities and projects through our online platform, available to access at any time. You will be guided by a mentor, and you will be able to schedule live 1:1 mentoring sessions at a time that works for you both. Additional information on how to log into the online environment will be provided after purchasing the class.
Imagine that you have a spreadsheet containing every data point about your customers -- their preferences, their web browsing behavior, the products they've bought. What would you do with all that information? When you know SQL, you can slice and dice that data any way you want, providing critical insights that drive business strategy.
SQL provides powerful but reasonably simple tools for data analysis and handling. This bootcamp will take absolute beginners through the basics of SQL to an ability to write queries with confidence -- and start using the tool immediately.Takeaways:
Prereqs & Preparation:
- Understand SQL vocabulary such as tables, schema, functions and JOINS.
- Understand the differences between different data management systems for SQL databases.
- Create basic SQL queries by applying Boolean logic, sorting functions, and commenting.
- Apply SQL aggregate functions [MIN, MAX, SUM, AVG, COUNT].
- Use CAST to change a column’s type for a query.
- Use advanced SQL commands [OR, GROUP BY, HAVING] and conditional operators [ =,!=,>,<, IN, NOT IN, and BETWEEN] to filter data.
- Apply string, date, and math functions to manipulate how data is presented.
- Apply UNION to tables and columns for merging data.
- Use JOINS to create relationships between tables to obtain data.
Prior to Class:
- Basic technical aptitude and orientation to computers, and curiosity to learn new tools.
- Willingness to learn about a text-based/principle driven analytic tool with little real GUI support, and determination to push through the natural frustration of confronting new concepts.
- This bootcamp is taken completely online across two different 3-hour sessions.
- We will provide login information and a link to the platform on the day of each session
- You will need a computer and a strong internet connection
Watch this Introduction to SQL
video. Download the DB Browser
that is compatible with your operating system.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.