14 and older
All you need is a computer, an internet connection, and a headset with mic, and a copy of the application that you are interested in learning.
Our Live Online Training is just like sitting in a classroom setting...
How does Live Online Virtual Training work?
1. We send you a link to our Adobe Connect Classroom to login.
2. You see, hear & talk to your instructor in real time, and view their screen to watch and learn as they demonstrate new material!
Just like being in a Live Class... without the commute!
You can listen, talk, and chat with other students, and hear and read their questions, and share your screen if your have problems.
Classes can be customized to fit your needs, tasks, and schedule.
This is a beginner class in Motion Graphics & Hollywood Style, Visual Effects for cinema, television and web formats. Learn how to add dynamic animation and motion effects to your videos, photos, art, logos, and audio, and it bring objects to life
This course is for Design and corporate communications professionals who need an essential understanding of motion graphics and composting.
Prerequisite: Basic Computer Skills & File Management on Windows or Mac
Intro to After Effects
- What is After Effects?
- What kind of media can it be used to create?
- What kind of media can be imported into After Effects?
- The advantages of Adobe product integration
- Best practices for organizing your work
- A typical After Effects workflow sequence
After Effects Project Management
- What kind of media output is required?
- What is the playback format for final output?
- What restrictions are there for the
projects physical window frame size?
- What restrictions are there for the projects frame rate?
- What restrictions are there for graphical screen-based assets?
Setting Up an After Effects Project
- RAM and real-time rendering
- Setting Preferences
- Creating a Composition
- Understanding and navigating the After Effects workspace
- Working with After Effects Tools
Importing and Manipulating GRAPHICS
- Importing Photoshop layered files
- Importing Illustrator layered files
- Working with layers and properties
- Animating layer properties
- Round-trip Editing:Editing graphics using an external editor from within After Effects
Importing and Manipulating VIDEO CLIPS
- Importing QuickTime movies
- Video compression issues
- Time-base issues
- Frame rate issues
- Laying video clips into the Time Layout Window
- Changing video clip properties
- Animating video clips
- Superimposing video clips
Importing and Manipulating SOUND
- Importing Sound
- Audio compression issues
- Manipulating sound cues in the Time Layout Window
- Synching sound to visual events
- Sound filters
- Sound processing effects
Creating TEXT and TITLES
- Importing text as bitmap graphics
- Creating text within After Effects
- Editing imported text within After Effects
Working with EFFECTS AND TRANSITIONS
- Working with visual effects
- Working with visual effect transitions
Working with MASKS
- Transparency in the After Effects environment
- Understanding alpha channels, masks, mattes, and keying
- Creating masks in After Effects
Importing and Manipulating PREMIERE
- Understanding Adobe Premiere
- Importing Premiere projects into After Effects
- Editing Premiere files using Premiere as an
external editor from within After Effects
- Editing After Effects files using After Effects as an
external editor from within Premiere
Final Project File RENDERING
- Testing for final export
- Final file rendering for a variety of output formats
- Choosing rendering options