21 and older
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
* Official support for the "latest" version of a newly released browser, among those noted above, will be added within 8 weeks of public release. Until then, the previous version will continue to be supported instead.
- Windows 7+ (Microsoft Edge, Latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.9+ (*Latest Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- Android 4.x (Chrome Browser Only)
- Apple iOs (*Latest version, Safari Browser Only)
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
AMA's Live Online Seminars are live, interactive, instructor-led courses that are completely user-friendly and accessible from your office or home PC. They’re the perfect time-saving alternative when you want training but can’t get away from the office.
You'll be able to speak to and/or electronically communicate with the instructor's and other attendees. You can also share files, view the instructors desktop, ask questions, tell the instructor to speak louder, softer, slow down, etc. (through simple icons). You'll see what your instructor is writing, view and hear questions and comments from other attendees, and be able to work in subgroups. A headset is required for optimal communication throughout the Live Online Seminar.
A member of AMA's expert faculty of business professionals will lead your seminar. Beyond our course leaders’ experience in business training, they are specially trained to present AMA's high-quality content in an engaging, live online format.
We want you to feel completely comfortable and ready to go, so we’ll email you before your scheduled seminar and give you all the information you need about the simple set-up process.
Take your public speaking to the next level! Speak, present and communicate with poise, power and persuasion.
Who Should Attend:
This seminar is recommended for every executive with some prior public speaking experience who must speak in front of groups, make presentations, sell ideas to others or face cameras and microphones.
From presentations to public speeches, your effectiveness as an executive and future career hinge on your ability to step up to the podium, command attention and transform every presentation into a credible and compelling communication.
Let's conquer your fear and connect with the minds and hearts of your audience. Take control of the room with ease and inject every presentation with your style and energy. Gain confidence as you learn by doing, and turn your next speech or presentation into a rewarding experience.
How you will benefit:
- Speak and think with greater clarity and purpose, stressing key ideas
- Face an audience or camera with confidence and control, and make the most of your own natural speaking style
- Shape and organize your public speaking and presentations to persuade listeners and get the response and results you want
- Conquer fear of public speaking and negative stress
- Make your performance skills, your sense of humor and your own personality work for you
- Give impromptu and prepared speeches to the class and receive personalized feedback on executive presentations
What you will cover:
- Fundamentals of Executive Speaking Skills
- Identify the elements of a good presentation
- Create an individualized speaking skills profile
- Set personal goals for the development of public speaking skills
- The importance of research and organization in preparing an effective presentation
- Illustrate how to plan and prepare strong beginnings and endings in your presentations and public speaking
- Select and design effective visuals
- The effective use of voice, action, image and language in public speaking
- Apply strategies for positively addressing speech anxiety
- Practice articulation methods
Essentials for Winning Presentations and Public Speaking
- Choose appropriate strategies for reaching reluctant, uncommitted and inactive audiences
- Design successful informative, persuasive, entertaining motivational and special event presentations
- Respond in a focused and controlled fashion to questions and answer
- Impromptu speech making
Video Recording. Please bring your preferred recording device (i.e. mobile phone or tablet) with available storage capacity to class. Your recording is a great way to get instant feedback. You will see yourself improve, relax and refine your techniques with each performance.
- Speak and Think with Greater Clarity and Purpose, Focusing on Key Ideas
- Face an Audience or Camera with Confidence and Control, and Making the Most of Your Own Natural Speaking Style
- Shape and Organize Your Public Speaking and Presentations to Persuade Listeners and to Get the Response and Results You Want
- Conquer Your Fear of Public Speaking By Managing Negative Stress
- Make Your Performance Skills, Sense of Humor, and Personality Work Together So You Project Confidence and Authenticity
- Deliver Both Impromptu and Prepared Speeches That Achieve Their Intended Goals
- State the Professional Benefits of Effective Executive Speaking Skills
- Identify the Elements of a Good Presentation
- Create an Individualized Checklist of Effective Speaking Skills
- Demonstrate Competencies Needed to Perform an Audience Analysis
- Apply New Strategies to Research and Organize Core and Value-Added Content in Your Presentation
- Prepare Strong Beginnings and Endings for Your Presentations
- Apply the Various Types of Organizational Patterns Used in Presentations
- Apply Structure to Develop Balanced Presentations
- Identify Appropriate Uses of Media That Enhance Your Presentation
- Apply Dynamic Delivery Skills That Add Interest and Clarity to Your Presentation
- Adapt Language to the Audience and Occasion to Increase Credibility, Attention, and Retention
- Avoid Common Misuses of Media
- Apply Proven Methods to Reduce Presentation Anxiety
Present and Process
- Project the Appropriate Image to Meet Professional and Situational Expectations
- Respond in a Focused and Controlled Fashion During Question-and-Answer Periods
- Design Successful Informative, Persuasive, Motivating and Special Event Presentations
"fantastic insight and advice"
Great content and good pace. Instructor was very engaging and providing fantastic insight & advice.
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.