16 and older
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
* Official support for the "latest" version of a newly released browser, among those noted above, will be added within 8 weeks of public release. Until then, the previous version will continue to be supported instead.
- Windows 7+ (Microsoft Edge, Latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.9+ (*Latest Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- Android 4.x (Chrome Browser Only)
- Apple iOs (*Latest version, Safari Browser Only)
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
AMA's Live Online Seminars are live, interactive, instructor-led courses that are completely user-friendly and accessible from your office or home PC. They’re the perfect time-saving alternative when you want training but can’t get away from the office.
You'll be able to speak to and/or electronically communicate with the instructor's and other attendees. You can also share files, view the instructors desktop, ask questions, tell the instructor to speak louder, softer, slow down, etc. (through simple icons). You'll see what your instructor is writing, view and hear questions and comments from other attendees, and be able to work in subgroups. A headset is required for optimal communication throughout the Live Online Seminar.
A member of AMA's expert faculty of business professionals will lead your seminar. Beyond our course leaders’ experience in business training, they are specially trained to present AMA's high-quality content in an engaging, live online format.
We want you to feel completely comfortable and ready to go, so we’ll email you before your scheduled seminar and give you all the information you need about the simple set-up process.
Develop better solutions through a clear, systematic approach to thinking.
In just a few hours, we can teach you a 3-step process that will dramatically improve your ability to evaluate problems and generate better results. You’ll gain insight into your current thinking style, learn how to leverage it, and discover new ways to approach situations. Using the RED model*—Recognize assumptions, Evaluate arguments, Draw conclusions--you’ll gain confidence in decision making and expressing your opinions.Bonus
: You’ll also get access to the “My Thinking Styles™” assessment to generate a personalized evaluation of your current preferred thinking method.You’ll learn how to:
*The RED model and My Thinking Styles are trademarks of Pearson Education, Inc.FAQs
- Question assumptions to differentiate fact from opinion
- Draw better conclusions when evaluating data from multiple sources
- Identify psychological factors that can cloud your judgment, including belief bias, confirmation bias, and gambler’s fallacy
- Counter weak arguments by exposing circular reasoning, ad hoc assumptions, and red herrings
- Uncover hidden agendas that interfere with clear, objective thinking
- Avoid the 3 most common errors when drawing conclusions
- Learn about the 7 Thinking Styles and how they can be developed and applied to more effectively approach business challenges and reinforce your ability to interpret information
- Solve problems creatively by exploring multiple perspectives
- Get a competitive edge by gaining awareness of the habits and behaviors that promote critical thinking
: Do I need to buy any special equipment to experience the seminar?
Besides your PC (see the system requirements above) AMA strongly recommends that all participants use a headset with microphone. This will enable you to communicate with the instructor and other attendees during your Express Skills course. Your headset should have the following characteristics:
How far in advance do I need to register for my course?
- USB connection, with plug-and-play capability (i.e., with the software driver included)
- A built in microphone with noise-cancelling capabilities
- Clear digital stereo headphone audio
The earlier you sign up the better. That way, you’ll have plenty of time to do any pre-work, downloading, pre-assessments, etc., that your course might require. I registered for an Express Skills course. Why haven’t I heard from you?
After you register, we will always email you to confirm your registration and provide you with additional information before your course. Occasionally, however, customers may not receive the emails because of their company’s email security settings, a spam blocker, or an incorrect email address. If you registered but didn’t get your confirmation email the day after registration or your log-in information one week before your session, please notify CourseHorse immediately. We will make sure you have everything you need before your course.Please note:
Participant Requirements for Live Online/Express Skills Training and Webinars. This seminar offers continuing education credits to registered participants. To qualify for CEU credits, participants must register for and attend the live event using your individual log-in ID for the entire seminar, speaking in the sessions using a VoIP headset with microphone, and participating in all of the chat, polling, and breakout exercises is required. Archived recordings/On Demand webinars, or groups using a single user login with speakers, do not qualify for CEUs.