18 and older
By breaking it down step by step, we guide you towards making your most beautiful and functional website.
What truly goes into making a site functional, effective, informative, aesthetically pleasing, and SEO efficient? These are the questions at the core of any great site. The answer lies in:
• Aligning the brand with a clear and simple message
• Creating visually striking and exceptional imagery
• Integrating keywords into each page, page title, and url
• Linking your social media accounts through shared wording, shared pictures, and shared video
• Some clients have certain needs that others may not and vice versa. But these core components remain the same and are the essential ingredients to building the right site.
Before you know it, your website will be the talk of the town! And you can even say, you did it yourself.
This class is recommended for students that need one on one attention. We spend the entire session completely on their website and needs. This is great for students that have a deadline for completing their website or just want it up within a week.
Students will learn:
• Setting up a SquareSpace account
• Connecting a domainChoosing a template
• Linking social media accounts to website
• The basics of curating a blog
• Adding and editing pages & blog posts
• Adding images, videos, documents, pdfs, and other content
• Creating Menus
• Editing fonts and colorsInserting images and other mediaThe basics of Search Engine Optimization
Please bring your laptop. Though it’s not necessary it helps to have pertinent content readily available including written material, photos, videos, pdfs, documents, links, and any other useful material. You will need a domain name so please compile a list of options in case one or more are already taken.