We give you back 5% of every dollar spent on classes, in the form of rewards points.
Your points automatically apply as a discount
on your next purchase, so you start saving immediately.
Questions? Contact us!
QuickBooks 4-Week Comprehensive CourseN.Y.I.M. Training »
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
Union Square, Manhattan
One Union Square West Ste 805
At E 14th St
New York, New York 10003 (Map)
|Share:||Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email|
- Class Level: All levels
- Age Requirements: 18 and older
- Average Class Size: 10
- Teacher: Paul R.
What you'll learn in this quickbooks class:
Learn how to apply case studies in the book to real life tasks, feel comfortable with general accountant terms and procedures, set up a company and run analytical reports, track income from your customers and expenses of the company, reconcile bank and credit card accounts and enter & track inventory.
- An overview of the different versions of QuickBooks and the pros and cons of using them
- An overview of the QuickBooks home page, menu system and preferences and an explanation of the different kinds of accounting methods -- and how one method affects how you enter information into QuickBooks
- Entering customer information as well as creating items to be sold to customers
- Creating sales receipts and invoices to customers, then receiving payments from customers and deposit to the bank account, all along the way explaining the accounting concepts that QuickBooks is doing behind the scenes
- Customer based reports will be run and discussed
- Setting up Vendor information
- Entering and paying bills, as well as writing and printing checks will be shown and discussed
- Job costing (connecting an expense to a particular customer) will be discussed in detail, along with the all the reports along the way to a Profit and Loss Report showing profit on each customer
- Setting up a company using the easy step interview
- Putting starting balances in or putting in the detailed historical transactions
- Working on the chart of accounts by adding accounts, organizing accounts, mapping accounts, numbering accounts if wanted/needed
- Discussing the difference between balance sheet accounts and profit/loss accounts and how they work differently within QuickBooks
- Transferring funds between accounts (without online banking) within QuickBooks
- Setting up Credit Card accounts
- Entering credit card purchases
- Going through the entire procedure including reconciliation of credit card accounts
- Common financial reports and how to filter and memorize those reports for later use
- Setting up inventory items
- Using Purchase Orders to buy and order inventory items
- Receiving those items and placing them into inventory
- Selling those items to customers
- Refunds and returns of inventory items
- Running reports based on inventory including the list report, worksheets and the inventory valuation
- Adjusting the quantity of inventory along with the value will be discussed in detail as well as units of measure (cartons, pounds, etc.)
- Setup, reporting and payment of sales taxes
- Discussion on the unit of measure feature for inventory items within QuickBooks
- Discussed on sales discounts and purchase discounts
- Accounting procedures for customers who never pay for an invoice(s) will be discussed and input into QuickBooks
- Setting up and using Petty Cash accounts
- Making adjustments within your accounting system such as depreciation, adjusting for pre-paid expenses, and the beginnings of closing a year will be discussed in detail
- Classifications and how and when to use them will be talked about with several examples and we will set up classifications and use them within QuickBooks
- Also, if you receive a credit from a supplier, how do you enter that transaction into QuickBooks?
- Creating statements for customers and discuss how to deal with bounced checks from customers
- Setup a payroll and running a payroll within QuickBooks
- Adding custom columns to a customer invoice and using the find command to report on this information
- Making an Accountant's copy to email to your CPA next year as well as cleaning up data from previous years stored in QuickBooks
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- No charge for substituting students at any time.
- No charge to reschedule or cancel before 7 business days of class.
- There is a 20% rescheduling, cancellation or retake rescheduling fee within 3-5 business days from the start of class.
- There is a 50% rescheduling, cancellation or retake rescheduling fee within 3 business days from the start of class.
- No refund or rescheduling permitted within 2 business days of start of class.
- No refund given for cancellations or "no-shows" within 2 business days from the start of class.
- If a retake is cancelled within 2 business days from the start of class, another retake may not be scheduled.
Start Dates (0)
Benefits of Booking through CourseHorse
- Booking is safe. When you book with us your details are protected by a secure connection.
- Lowest price guaranteed. Classes on CourseHorse are never marked up.
- This class will earn you 6990 points. Points give you money off your next class!
School: N.Y.I.M. Training
Whatever your needs, group or corporate, NYIM provides you with the most practical and efficient hands-on computer training in New York City since 1998. Conveniently located on Union Square, our staff are experienced professionals with 10+ years of training experience in their field. Each of our instructors...
CourseHorse Approved School
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Reviews of Classes at N.Y.I.M. Training(332 Reviews)
Want to take this class?Save to Wish List
Taking this class for work? Get exclusive perks & discounts for free.
Here are some similar classes we recommend:
Or you can save this class to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!