18 and older
This 2 1/2-hour workshop is very thorough and intense, but a fun place to network, meet, and learn. You will gain knowledge on ALL aspects of manufacturing your line after it's been designed whether it's small or large quantities, produced domestically or overseas based on First Hand experience. In fact, you are not likely to find all of this information in any one place.
M SHOP's a Manufacturing Specialist. Our founder alone has 25 years of experience in the NYC Fashion Industry, having managed production for every price point from Express to Macy's to Neiman Marcus.
We cater to small & large companies manufacturing in the US & off-shore. We've also developed product for them. Our How To Start Your Fashion Company (Clothing + Accessories) Workshop is taken before this one & teaches how to design a line. And try our Manufacturing Consulting or How To Manufacture Booklet.
This ALWAYS current workshop teaches:
1. Fabric consumption & yields
2. Cost vs wholesale vs retail
3. Pricing for profitability
1. Trade secrets on how to find the best factories, fabric, leather, trims, cutting rooms, patternmakers, seamstresses, sample makers, marking & grading, specialized craftsmen, artisans, etc.
Dealing with Factories & Suppliers:
1. How to not to get ripped off
2. Contract & price negotiation
3. How factories work
4. Minimums & scheduling
5. Getting quality product on time
USA VS. Overseas Production:
1. When, where, & how to produce
2. Import & export tips
3. US Customs & inspections
4. How to transport deliveries on time
5. Laws & labeling requirement
Certificate of completion provided.
NO recording devices permitted. M SHOP Copyright.