18 and older
The 8 Hour Concrete Safety Manager Refresher course is the refresher course to the NYC Department of Buildings approved 30 Hour Concrete Safety Manager course. This course is a comprehensive review of the New York City Building Code 3300, New York City Department of Buildings Local Laws and bulletins, and OSHA 1926, subparts C, E, X, Q, R and N. The purpose of the course is to prepare candidates with safe job practices for New York City major buildings where 2000 cubic yards of concrete are to be poured.Audience
: New York City Department of Buildings licensed Concrete Safety Managers & students holding the 30 Hour Concrete Safety Manager certificate.
Please refer to NYC DOB's checklist to ensure that you have all of the appropriate documentation to apply for a license. Please also note that we only provide the certificate you need to submit to DOB and NOT the actual license. After completing the course, DOB are the ones that handle your registration and application process.Prerequisites
: Student must be able to communicate with the instructor in the language the course is held in and must have completed the 30 Hour Concrete Safety Manager course within the past year.Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students shall be able to:
- Understand and enforce New York City Building Code 3300 rules on safety during construction related to concrete operations.
- Understand and inspect equipment and plans used for safely conducting concrete and masonry operations.
- Understand and enforce OSHA regulation for the safe placement of concrete and masonry.
: Pens, instruction booklets, test, videos, Powerpoint presentations, instructor evaluation sheet, attendance sign-in sheets.Course fee includes
: administrative fees, course materials, and certificates. Available for purchase: extra booklets, certificate replacements, and mailing out certificates.
In order to successfully fulfill the requirements for completion of the NYC DOB 8 Hour Concrete Safety Manager Refresher course and to receive a certificate/card for the course, students must:
No exceptions will be made. No partial credit awarded for any course.Important Note
- Be able to clearly communicate with the instructor and complete all paperwork in the language the course is delivered in. No personal interpreters permitted.
- Complete all required paperwork: registration, evaluation, attendance, etc.
- Attend all required hours of the course. Any make up sessions must be completed within six months from the start date.
- Participate during class activities and reviews.
- Complete tests with a passing grade of 70%.
- Valid picture ID required. Students are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes before class.
- Customer can bring lunch, we provide coffee and tea in the classrooms.