Let’s cut to the chase. We need to build the essential muscle of mental toughness, because good girls never get to lead, they only get to follow………
Note: Not for Women who are already in Senior Leadership (someone whose title is Chief, CEO, COO, or someone at the executive vice president level).
What you'll learn in this training
Mental Toughness: Why You Need It, How to Develop It, and When to Use it for Full Effect in the Workplace (oh….this works at home too!)
• One powerful tool that brings clarity and focus so you can take inspired action
• Three techniques to manage conflict so you can respond strategically, instead of react emotionally
• Customizable scripts for difficult conversations with colleagues, superiors and subordinates
• Three simple questions you can ask yourself that keep you focused, on track and moving forward
• Identifying and fortifying your boundaries to prevent others from taking advantage.
• One surefire centering technique that ensures you Put the Oxygen Mask on Yourself FIRST
What will be covered:
• Communication tools that enhance your professional presence and convey your leadership potential.
• Simple centering exercises that keep you cool and in control, even in the most stressful situations.
• CPR to soothe the soul, a powerful technique that releases self judgment so you can stop sweating the small stuff, see the bigger picture and find the opportunities.
• How to refine your self awareness, the #1 skill that ALL truly successful leaders exhibit; a real game changer no matter where you work or what you do.
• 20 bullet proof hacks that build mental toughness, increase your focus, and ignite your creativity.
How this course will be structured
90 minutes of tools, tips and strategies to build mental toughness and find your inner Super Hero. Interactive exercises with lots of opportunities to ask the expert (that would me… during my 25 years in corporate, I bridged the gaps between departments, building bridges between divisions, managing difficult personalities and creating a team that consistently over delivered and, in return, was generously rewarded).
What materials are needed
About the Instructor
I am a life long Equal Pay Activist, I spent 25 years in corporate navigating and managing the special challenges created by gender bias. I believe that all women, of every color, should have equal access to equal opportunity, advancement and compensation in the workplace, and in the world. My mission is to support, encourage, and empower more women to ascend up the ranks of leadership, across every industry, all the way to the C suite.
Prior to becoming a certified coach, Lisa was an executive in sports television; a fast paced, exhilarating, unforgiving toxic environment. She is fluent in ‘bro speak’, and intimately familiar with the impact of male privilege on female leadership.
What will be included in my Virtual Class package?
One ticket includes an access link to your live, online class. The class will be delivered via web conferencing software and feature a live, professional instructor who will walk you through a lesson as described above. You will have the opportunity to ask questions as well as participate from home.
How many people is my purchase good for?
Each ticket is good for one "device" (i.e. one computer, phone, tablet, etc. you'll be logging in from). This ensures we don't get more people in the class than the instructor can handle. Though we understand some people live together and will be working/learning together, the intent is that each class still allows for the same attention to attendees as if students purchased separately. Please be respectful of this!
Will I need anything from home to use in the class?
You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which you can access your virtual class. We recommend you arrive to class 5-10 minutes early to ensure you're able to set up your device and connection. Additionally, if the class is more than just a lecture you will likely want any materials listed in the course description as "Materials Needed to Participate Fully", though you're welcome to purchase a seat and sit in and just watch.
Am I able to ask questions or interact with the class?
Yes, you'll both be able to ask questions using the chat function in the video hosting software as well as at certain intervals during the class via voice/audio. If the class winds up being on the smaller side, more spontaneous interaction/questions will be encouraged.
Do I have to show my video or speak during class?
While we recommend you do show your video and speak when encouraged to by the instructor, video and audio participation are never mandatory. We find classes have more fun experiences when people are engaging with one another, but understand not everyone will want to do so and that's ok!
Still have questions? Ask the community.
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Know someone who would like this class but not sure of their schedule? (We recommend this!)
Know their schedule better than your own? Book a date and time directly.
Get special date and rate options for your group. Submit the form below and we'll get back to you within 2 business hours with pricing and availability.