18 and older
Learn to measure, account for depth and shape, cut a seat, and set faceted and cabochon stones in a tube setting. This one day tube setting class will cover how to cut a seat for faceted and cabochon stones and set with a tube setting kit and foredoom hand piece.
Bring your own faceted or cabochon stones, practice with cubic zirconium stones or purchase stones at the studio.Tube Setting Tool List
- 3mm, 4mm, 5mm high speed setting burs ( 2 of each bur size)
- AdvantEdge Silicone Polisher Pink & Blue (Extra Fine)
- Screw mandrel for silicon wheels (3/32" shank)
- Jeweler's adjustable 5" saw frame
- 2/0 saw blades (1 dozen)
- Needle file set
- Opti- visor
- Bur life
- Steel center punch
- Wooden Graver handle
- Diamond tweezers
- Sliding stone gauge
- Ring clamp
Allcraft Jewelry Supply - 135 W 29th St #205, New York, NY 10001
We recommend going to these places for stones (bring cash) :
- R Gems – 48 W 48 St. #210 NY, NY 11036
- Dikra Gems – 56 W 45 St #1005 NY, NY 11036
Couldn't find a schedule that works for you? Please reach out to CourseHorse and we'll be happy to assist.
- Scheduling for private lessons is flexible and subject to the instructor's availability.
- If the instructor is unavailable during the date or time originally booked, CourseHorse and the class provider will help arrange for a reschedule that works for both parties.
- Once a date and time is decided on, the class provider's standard cancellation policy applies.
- In the event that schedules don't match up and a date and time cannot be scheduled, students are entitled to a refund.
Special Class note: For all Private workshop signups, Students are requested to reach out to the school before the class start date, with a description of what they'd want to make in class.