18 and older
Bring your creative ideas to life with Adobe InDesign, the professional page layout standard, used by designers and production professionals to design, preflight, and publish a broad range of documents such as brochures, catalogs, magazines and books. InDesign allows you to lay out and design multiple page documents.
This workshop is designed to get you up and running with Adobe InDesign in one day. The focus will be on step-by-step instruction leading students through the most important tools and concepts in InDesign.Takeaways
By the end of the workshop, participants will have learned the basics in InDesign such as how to create a new file, set up master pages, place images, format text, link text boxes, use layers, and create print ready files. They will also learn the basics of typography and page layout design.Step by Step Instructions:
- Overview Interface
- Working with Bridge
- Working with Images: Placing, Scaling And Linking Images
- Working with InDesign Drawing Tools
- Working with Master Pages
- Working with Templates
- Creating and Saving Character and Paragraph Style
Prerequisites & Preparation
- Packing Files and Getting it Ready for Print
- Saving PDF
- General computer knowledge is required
- This is an introductory course designed for first time and beginning InDesign users.
- No prior experience with InDesign is required for this class.
- All students must be able to bring a laptop to the class (Mac preferred).
- You will need to have Adobe InDesign CC already downloaded on this laptop for the start of class.
Students will be sent a class outline prior to the start of class.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.