18 and older
Search engine optimization (SEO) is often thought of as a complex and long-term process for marketers. But there are many quick and easy steps you can take to improve your website traffic and start a successful SEO campaign. Students will walk away with a solid base to create a search engine optimized web presence, plus a customized comprehensive plan to continue their efforts.
In this workshop on “human-centered SEO,” you’ll learn the basics of how to analyze and improve your organic search performance on Google. You’ll dive into both onsite and offsite methods of improving your search rankings, while getting a glimpse of the software that most search marketers rely on.
This is a hands-on workshop that will describe SEO techniques and take students through each step of setting up and optimizing their websites in class.Takeaways
Prereqs & Preparation
- Understand the basics of having your website found on major search engines.
- Set up and explore Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools to measure your website traffic.
- Research and build a keyword list to get your site ranked in search queries.
- Analyze your performance and your competitors’ performance on your target keywords.
- Set up your basic onsite search anchors such as URL structure, page titles, meta tags, and more.
- Plan a link-building campaign to improve site authority and improve search ranking.
- Create a content calendar to help keyword and content planning
- Develop a long-term blog strategy to improve your SEO performance month after month.
Students should arrive with an existing website or business to which they will apply these techniques. They must also have access to Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools for this website. For those who do not already have this set up, we can do so at the beginning of the session.
For students enrolling in 12 week part time and immersive classes, it is not recommended that you book more than one class simultaneously.