6 - 8 years old
Roofuss takes students on more exciting adventures while being challenged with more difficult rhythmic patterns, harmonization, keyboard playing, keyboard ensemble playing and ear training. Roofuss Reports 2 reinforces fundamental skills and introduces minor mode, accidentals and playing in “Do” positions. Roofuss Reports 3 develops song analysis, transposition, advanced chord playing and playing songs in Do, Sol and Fa positions.Music goals for RR book 3
The successful completion of book 3 will enable students to continue to private lessons playing at a comparative Certificate of Merit piano level of 1 or higher.
- More advanced note reading and playing in Major and minor keys
- Music notation in treble and bass clefs
- Music analysis
- Chordal playing
- Singing two and four measure patterns by ear using do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, and ti
- More advanced music and rhythm terms
- Expressive singing using do, re, mi, fa, and sol
- More advanced music theory and rhythm patterns
: Roofuss Reports Book 2The Roofuss Reports program explore music fundamentals in an entertaining way.
Roofuss Reports introduces a boy named Roofuss. He is a heroic Piano Play character that is the center of this unique year and a half program. Students will learn how to expressively sing songs, play and read music at an appropriate pace for older students. Each week students will work on rhythmic notation, ear training and music theory. This upbeat class is exciting and guaranteed to keep your school-age child wanting more.
There are three method books, three activity books and three audio song CD’s in the Roofuss Reports series. We require a 4 to 5 octave touch sensitive keyboard or piano for home use for all students in this course. All classes meet for 60-minutes on a weekly basis with a parent or guardian and are limited to eight students per class. A group recital is held after the completion of each book.
Piano Playing Lessons:
- Each book takes 20 weeks / 5 months to complete.
- All classes have no more than 8 students per class.
- Classes meet for 60 minutes.
- A Group Recital is held after the completion of each book.
Our uniquely designed Layered Learning Environment (LLE)® process helps Roofuss Reports students to:
Prepare $50 fee for the materials, to be paid in class.
- Exercise abstract thinking
- Self monitor
- Cooperate in groups
- Expand imaginative play