18 and older
This three-day instructor led Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Training Course is about writing TSQL queries for the purpose of database reporting, analysis, and business intelligence. Specifically, this Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Training Course presents TSQL within the context of data analysis Â?Â? in other words, making meaning from the data rather than transaction-oriented data-tier application development.
The Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Training Course starts with a brief discussion of levels of measurement and quantitative research methodology, and integrates these concepts into each TSQL topic presented. The goal is to provide a consistent, direct, and purposeful learning path for RDBMS data retrieval for use in analytical tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services, PowerBI, R, and Excel.Audience
This Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Training Course is intended for information workers and data science professionals who seek to use database reporting and analysis tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel, Power BI, R, SAS and other business intelligence tools, and wish to use TSQL queries to efficiently retrieve data sets from Microsoft SQL Server relational databases for use with these tools.Course Outline
- Module 1: Introduction to TSQL for Business Intelligence
- Module 2: Turning Table Columns into Variables for Analysis: SELECT List Expressions, WHERE, and ORDER BY
- Module 3: Combining Columns from Multiple Tables into a Single Dataset: The JOIN Operators
- Module 4: Creating an Appropriate Aggregation Level Using GROUP BY
- Module 5: Subqueries, Derived Tables and Common Table Expressions
- Module 6: Encapsulating Data Retrieval Logic
- Module 7: Getting Your Dataset to the Client
HSG courses are taught by the experienced instructors who are proven experts in their field. Our instructors are highly knowledgeable, friendly, reliable and inspiring. They speak and teach industry's best practices and often customize classes to meet individual needs.
Students are encouraged to ask questions and participate in discussions and training-labs.