18 and older
Analyze, manage, and share data of all kinds, from personal and professional budgeting to scheduling. The Level 1 class provides all the basics for creating and editing spreadsheets and workbooks and performing simple calculations.Target Student
: This course is intended for students who wish to gain the foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Excel 2013 that is necessary to create and work with electronic spreadsheets.Overview:
By applying the robust functionality that's built into Excel to your organization's raw data, you will be able to gain a level of insight into that data that would have been nearly impossible just a couple of decades ago. Excel can help you organize, calculate, analyze, revise, update, and present your data in ways that will help the decision makers in your organization steer you in the right direction.
Of course, knowing exactly how to ask Excel the questions that you need answered, which questions you can even ask, and how to interpret the answers Excel gives is necessary before you can even begin to embark on the journey ahead. This course aims to provide you with the foundational Excel knowledge and skills necessary to begin that journey.Course Objectives
: Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to create and develop Excel worksheets and workbooks in order to work with and analyze the data that is critical to the success of your organization.
- Get started with Microsoft Office Excel 2016.
- Perform calculations.
- Modify a worksheet.
- Format a worksheet.
- Print workbooks.
- Manage workbooks.
: Understanding of the Basics of WindowsCourse ContentLesson 1
: Getting Started with Microsoft Office Excel 2016
- Topic A: Navigate the Excel User Interface
- Topic B: Use Excel Commands
- Topic C: Create and Save a Basic Workbook
- Topic D: Enter Cell Data
- Topic E: Use Excel Help
: Performing Calculations
- Topic A: Create Worksheet Formulas
- Topic B: Insert Functions
- Topic C: Reuse Formulas
: Modifying a Worksheet
- Topic A: Insert, Delete, and Adjust Cells, Columns, and Rows
Topic B: Search for and Replace Data
- Topic C: Use Proofing and Research Tools
: Formatting a Worksheet
- Topic A: Apply Text Formats
- Topic B: Apply Number Formats
- Topic C: Align Cell Contents
- Topic D: Apply Styles and Themes
- Topic E: Apply Basic Conditional Formatting
- Topic F: Create and Use Templates
: Printing Workbooks
- Topic A: Preview and Print a Workbook
- Topic B: Set Up the Page Layout
- Topic C: Configure Headers and Footers
: Managing Workbooks
- Topic A: Manage Worksheets
- Topic B: Manage Workbook and Worksheet Views
- Topic C: Manage Workbook Properties